Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > The Cocktail Lounge

The Cocktail Lounge Cocktail Lounge

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Spam Kill
Old 06-12-2007, 08:01 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 837
Default

A tip I found that worked for short periods of time was brushing my teeth for whatever reason I didn't want to smoke.

I havent quit mind you but it did seem to help....my grandmother who smoked for 52 years quit cold turkey last year. I give that women alot of credit and I know if she can so can I. Anyway what got her through it quicker in the detox this time vs all other attempts was drinking a huge amount of water. She figured it flushed it out of her system faster. Whether it did or not I dont know it may help.
__________________
Poker Stars Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #12   Spam Kill
Old 06-12-2007, 11:34 AM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,198
Default

I've heard that about the water. I read somewhere to drink half your body weight in water. So I have been keeping track of my water intake and drinking a lot of water and eating fruits to cope with the changes in blood sugar.

I'm suprised this is not as hard as I thought it would be.

Sure I think about smoking every second right now but they say that every day the thoughts get fewer and fewer. I'm infact oppeseing on it and having those thoughts like "Oh just one is ok compared to what you normally smoke"

But nope. I am holding true to my first day. One day at a time...
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? "
Reply With Quote
  #13   Spam Kill
Old 06-12-2007, 12:13 PM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 127
Default

Dont over drink water people forget this can be damaging. Too much water can affect the brain. You would have to drink alot of water to do this bare in mind.
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
  #14   Spam Kill
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,359
Default

Congratulations on the decision to quit smoking. That's hard to do.
Reply With Quote
  #15   Spam Kill
Old 06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 630
Default

Too much water can kill you!
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #16   Spam Kill
Old 06-12-2007, 04:04 PM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 241
Default water

"too much water can kill you"

.. Especially if you trip up and fall in some with very heavy boots on


good luck with the giving up (I did 2 years a few years ago - and regret ever going back to it)

one tip - dont go where you will be tempted (at least for a bit)

I joined an all smoking office back in the days when smoke free offices didnt exist - within a week I knew my dream job would also mean I wouldnt be able to be a non smoker

tip two - put the fiver a day you save into a pot where you can see it and then open a separate bank account and put the £35+ a week your saving into it

tip three - after a couple of days your taste buds will come back - spoil yourself on your favourite food and see how great it tastes

good luck scrawnybob
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Mitchell Mitchell is offline
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 174
Default

May the force be with you!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #18   Spam Kill
Old 06-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 98
Default

I found the Allen Carr books really helped with those little devlish voices telling you why you should start smoking again. Once you're through the 3rd and 4th day it becomes much easier, you'll be amazed at the extra energy you've got.

Good luck!
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory
Best poker bonus ¦ poker dictionary ¦ compare sit and go poker | Mansion | Paradise | Ladbrokes
Reply With Quote
  #19   Spam Kill
Old 06-12-2007, 08:37 PM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,198
Default

Thanks guys (And Gals) sorry Kaus and NPG

I made it through my first whole day with nothing. No nicotine replacements or anything. I feel great. This may sound like no big deal to some, but to me it's a huge deal. I have not done this in almost 15 years.

It's strange but i already feel better and I know I will be felling better and better each day from this point on.


Thanks all
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? "
Reply With Quote
  #20   Spam Kill
Old 06-13-2007, 02:18 AM
kdollar kdollar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 112
Default

Congrats, you sound like you are already on your way to a smoke-free life.
__________________
Play online poker and get the best poker bonus codes. Find out about the best options for 2007 WSOP Satellites. Get daily online poker news.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Smoking AceHigh The Cocktail Lounge 19 05-23-2007 07:37 PM
More Gambling Charges To Be Announced Tomorrow Graham General Poker Affiliate Discussion 18 03-30-2007 12:03 PM
Donkey Lotto Scavenger Hunt Tomorrow! Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 07-02-2006 02:52 PM
PokerRoom rev share tomorrow hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 04-22-2006 09:58 PM
Password for tomorrow night still the same? Georgia Poker Team Paradise Ipods 2 07-09-2005 07:45 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0