Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > The Cocktail Lounge

The Cocktail Lounge Cocktail Lounge

View Poll Results: Do you smoke tobacco?
Smoking 10 40.00%
Not smoking 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 05-17-2007, 10:11 PM
AceHigh AceHigh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 126
Default Smoking

Im curious that how many people here smoke or use other tobacco products?

I personally don't smoke because I don't like the smell of cigarettes but I do like nicotine so sometimes I use this thing called snus(dont know the english word for it) ...the thing you but under your lip.
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 05-17-2007, 10:14 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 521
Default

I quit 5 days ago and am now so freaking miserable I keep wondering why i don't just smoke this can't be worth it
__________________
Poker Affiliates - Diversify Your Income – A new program in pre-launch until July 15 that combines Social Networking, Social Marketing and Skill Games into a single business opportunity.
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 05-17-2007, 10:18 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 746
Default

Both my husband and I both smoke (1/2 pack each), however there has never been smoke around the kids. We always take it outside, never in the car even if they aren't in it and trust me I have to wonder why I bother smoking in the winter. We live right off Georgian Bay a little up north in Ontario so we freeze our ass off that's for sure.
__________________
Carbon Poker Bonus

online poker sites rated
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 PM
AceHigh AceHigh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerProp View Post
I quit 5 days ago and am now so freaking miserable I keep wondering why i don't just smoke this can't be worth it
Saving money is always worth it
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 05-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Aidan Aidan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 219
Default

That shit that goes under you lip is called "Chew" in western Canada.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 05-18-2007, 03:22 AM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 113
Default

I help people quit smoking every week, I work as a lifestyle coach as well as this job - just remember no matter how bad the withdraw systems it is always worth it. Its only the cigarettes making you believe at the moment that you need them. Quitting is the only way to stop, cutting down helps but your best just stopping altogether in one go. I have had guys come to me who have smoked 60 marlboro red a day and suddenly have quit, after smoking for 25 years the withdraw systems in these occasions are very bad. I had them cut down to about 5 a day then suddenly stop a week or two later. In London we have a smoking ban starting next month so everyone is rushing to quit!
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 05-18-2007, 05:09 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 784
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

http://bansmoking.wordpress.com/
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah

Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 05-18-2007, 06:25 AM
Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Hartford,Ct
Posts: 399
Default

In the Nursing field it's not a good thing to smoke.
I do my best to save people not kill them.
__________________
http://bingot1.proboards39.com/
http://www.casinowatchdogs.com/Casino-Forum/
http://www.thecleverest.com/countdown.swf
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 746
Default

I think it's easier said than done. I try and I keep trying for the fact that I don't want my kids to smoke. We had a close neighbour pass away 2 years ago with cancer. She iddn't smoke but none the less you seen what cancer will do. She has three children at the time all still in highschool or grade school. I don't want my kids to have to ever experience that . I find for me I have anxiety attacks than become very sleepy, I have tried every method out there ziban, patches, gum etc... None of them worked,not for me. I want to try hypnosis. I know people who have done this and quit smoking instantly after 25 years of the habit. Since than they have never looked back and have not touched it since.

Has anyone here had success with hypnosis?
__________________
Carbon Poker Bonus

online poker sites rated
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 05-18-2007, 11:56 AM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,152
Default

Still quitting...

I want to just wake up one morning and just not think about having a smoke and have that feeling remain.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? "
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FBI Shuts Down Site That Provided A Loop Hole For US Poker Players ...or not PUSH3R General Poker Affiliate Discussion 20 02-16-2007 12:33 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0