Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > The Cocktail Lounge

The Cocktail Lounge Cocktail Lounge

View Poll Results: Do you smoke tobacco?
Smoking 10 40.00%
Not smoking 15 60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Spam Kill
Old 05-18-2007, 12:01 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 521
Default

I had been smoking since I was 10 starting with about 30 per day back then. I am 28 now. For the past 7-8 years I was smoking 70-80 Marlboro reds per day.

I haven't smoked for 5 1/2 days and it is still extremely intense. I kept hearing after a couple days it would just be mental the physical side would go away.
Well not so far at all in fact each day is worst. I've been shaking a lot, I can hardly freaking walk, I got pains in my chest. The only good thing so far is I can breath great .

I am very mentally strong though. I will give it 3 months (and I hope it don't take that long, because its so hard to get much accomplished right now). If after 3 months I still feel like this I will start smoking again because it will just not be worth it not to.
__________________
Poker Affiliates - Diversify Your Income – A new program in pre-launch until July 15 that combines Social Networking, Social Marketing and Skill Games into a single business opportunity.
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,492
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I have never been a full-time smoker, although I will partake in a few cigarettes occasionally if I am drinking or in Vegas, so I really don't know what it would be like to actually quit.

I would suggest finding some from of exercise though, be it walking, running, biking, whatever.

After a good workout, the last thing I would ever think of is smoking something. Also I imagine it would be a motivating factor to keep your lungs and body healthy.

With that said, I did however smoke at CAC in Amsterdam.

Keep up the good work PokerProp.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 1,895
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I have never been a full-time smoker, although I will partake in a few cigarettes occasionally if I am drinking or in Vegas, so I really don't know what it would be like to actually quit.

I would suggest finding some from of exercise though, be it walking, running, biking, whatever.

After a good workout, the last thing I would ever think of is smoking something. Also I imagine it would be a motivating factor to keep your lungs and body healthy.

With that said, I did however smoke at CAC in Amsterdam.

Keep up the good work PokerProp.
I am also an occasional smoker (drinking, poker, golf) but I find myself smoking a bit to much lately. Luckily for me it ends Aug 4th (wedding) as a promise to the fiance.

With that said, Ill have a cig or two with you at the Bahamas etc.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Sign Up
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #14   Spam Kill
Old 05-19-2007, 04:09 AM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

LOL, I remember an identical promise I made 10 months ago to my fiance before our wedding. And every single day I smoke even 1 cigarette (which is far too often), I get "politely" reminded of that promise.

I think it's easier to quit if you live in the U.S. because the majority of Europe seems like they smoke. It's hard to walk around town by all of the pubs with their outdoor tables and crowds and not want to pull up a chair, get a pint, and have a smoke.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Mitchell Mitchell is online now
PAW Affiliate Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Melbourne, AU
Posts: 148
Default

Wow, Pokerprop! That's a lot of smokes!

The thing about smoking and physical activity - whilst you might be out of breath the first few times, your body has a way of adjusting to it! I actually have a smoke after my run!

But admittedly, it is an undesirable habit - for me i guess it's more about boredom more than anything else.

But good job PokerProp! Keep up the good work!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #16   Spam Kill
Old 05-20-2007, 09:46 PM
boarderman23 boarderman23 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 134
Send a message via AIM to boarderman23
Default

I also smoke on occasion. I never buy cigarettes, but if they are there I'll usually have one.

I'm more of a cigar smoker...they last a bit longer and I don't inhale them.

PokerProp, keep up the great work!...that takes a TON of will power
Reply With Quote
  #17   Spam Kill
Old 05-21-2007, 03:43 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 521
Default

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Its been over 8.5 days and getting easier now, still a struggle but not as intense.
__________________
Poker Affiliates - Diversify Your Income – A new program in pre-launch until July 15 that combines Social Networking, Social Marketing and Skill Games into a single business opportunity.
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #18   Spam Kill
Old 05-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Holyman Holyman is offline
Learning from the best~~
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 100
Default

This thread makes me want to go smoke!
Reply With Quote
  #19   Spam Kill
Old 05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
AceHigh AceHigh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyman View Post
This thread makes me want to go smoke!
Better delete this thread then

Damn Pokerprop that is alot of smokes...well I hope you haven't been smoking after you posted on this thread and keep it up you can do it

anyways Im out of "chew"...stupid that have to go to another country to get some more because selling it here is illegal(using isn't though)

Last edited by AceHigh : 05-23-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20   Spam Kill
Old 05-23-2007, 07:37 PM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,152
Default

Cheers PokerProp.

I'm in the quiting mode. I have not started but since i think about stoping everyday now I know soon I will just be at that point where I have to give it up. I play softball on my office team and I am so out of shape even a drunlk softball game winds me. It's a shame really.

Keep it up Prop it only gets eaiser from this point
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
"You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here? "
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FBI Shuts Down Site That Provided A Loop Hole For US Poker Players ...or not PUSH3R General Poker Affiliate Discussion 20 02-16-2007 12:33 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0