Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 444
Default Potential sale of PSMoney.com

I am testing waters of selling PSMoney and have come up with an asking price based on the yearly net profit x 3. From what I am reading there are several ways to come up with the proper asking price for a business and would like to post this here to see how it compares in the poker world.

If you are not aware what psmoney is it is one of the leading T$/W$ exchange services for pokerstars.

All help in coming up with what I need to come up with an accurate asking price. I know the asking price is what the buyer will pay, but I need somewhere to start as I feel the range of prices for this type of business can vary tremendously.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-23-2007, 02:01 PM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 1,052
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

I wish you luck getting that kind of multile in the current environment.

three years profits ?

I personally wouldnt offer more than 6 x monthly earnings for ANY site right now, just too much going on out there.

Others may feel different though
__________________

Human edited Poker Directory Add your links!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Carbon Poker Bonus Code or our Cake Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes and Online Casino Bonus Codes
Carbon Poker Bonus | Poker Bonus Codes Online | Online Casino Bonus Directory | Casino Captain
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-23-2007, 02:09 PM
ResIpsa ResIpsa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 166
Default

I have to agree with Hollis. This is just not your average business environment; there are just too many variables to expect to get a multiple like 3X - especially from a pure financial buyer. 6 -12 months is not a bad rule of thumb, although a strategic buyer might be willing to pay more if the target creates synergies with their other holdings. That said, I certainly wish you luck. If you can get that that kind of price that's great.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-23-2007, 02:20 PM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 444
Default

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses. So, you are saying to simply take the average monthly net profit and multiply that by 6-12 and thats what I should ask for?
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 444
Default

Also, I wanted to know if there are specific things I should withhold from buyers until settle on a sale price? or should I provide them with everything they want to know?
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,036
Default

I agree with the rest probably about 12x montly earnings is about the max, unless you have something unique to offer (ie. a program on your site that does something and is considered an industry standard).

I would try to hold back things like search terms that you rank well for so that people don't steal this info for a similar type of site, etc. Its hard to attract a buyer if you are holding too much back. Good luck with the sale!
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-23-2007, 03:21 PM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I agree with the rest probably about 12x montly earnings is about the max, unless you have something unique to offer (ie. a program on your site that does something and is considered an industry standard).

I would try to hold back things like search terms that you rank well for so that people don't steal this info for a similar type of site, etc. Its hard to attract a buyer if you are holding too much back. Good luck with the sale!
There are several unique processes/software involved with my business. I will make a post giving a bit more detail later this week when I finish up my financial report.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-25-2007, 05:39 PM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 444
Default

I have completed a full detailed Financial report for serious buyers to view. The report consists of total expenses, total revenue, total amount of transactions processed, and Net profit. I have not come up with an asking price, but am openly accepting offers.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GamblingAffiliatez.com for sale - Unique design - PR4 - Unique Script - $180 this mo John D Websites & Domains For Sale 4 04-16-2007 08:00 AM
PR 3 site for sale - taking offers 3 day sale newy The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 04-03-2007 04:37 AM
Established Poker Portal For Sale fastpony The Poker Affiliate Exchange 4 03-19-2007 04:59 PM
Established poker forum for sale -Avg. $4130+/month from ad sales alone!Stable income John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 14 03-12-2007 05:53 PM
Info on BroadbandPoker.com Sale Bryan The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 10-11-2006 01:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0