Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 06-07-2007, 04:58 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 451
Default Used websites for sale

OK, so maybe you have been following the saga of the websites I thought I bought: www.worldpokerforums.com and www.carbonpokerforums.com

Given that the seller has announced that I do indeed own them, but I am too stupid to know how to get them off his server, and he has now coughed up one of the FTP addresses....

is there anybody who would like to buy these sites *cheap*?

I paid $500 for them.
I know they are not worth it, but carbonpokerforums.com has some potential...not a bad domain name.

Offers? I just want to move on.

No need to pay until you have control and possession.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-07-2007, 07:02 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

.

Last edited by edmc : 06-16-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-08-2007, 04:16 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 451
Default fire sale prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmc View Post
http://www.carbonpokerforums.com/php...topic.php?t=27

$500 ouch.
All offers considered.

Tony Soprano? where are ya, Bud?
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-10-2007, 05:11 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Both of those just need a redesigns badly. otherwise usefull sites.

Totally different color scheme and graphichs and of course get rid of that crappy page effect when loading pages. That blows for almost all site, but forums even worse. A few things and you should have decent forums.

Good luck with the sale
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-11-2007, 02:18 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 451
Default page effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore View Post
Both of those just need a redesigns badly. otherwise usefull sites.

Totally different color scheme and graphichs and of course get rid of that crappy page effect when loading pages. That blows for almost all site, but forums even worse. A few things and you should have decent forums.

Good luck with the sale
Could you be more specific about what the "crappy page effect" is that you are referring to?

I guess I lack the sophistication to tell which ones are crappy and which are not?

It all seems crappy to me....post hoc.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-11-2007, 09:36 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

LOL!

The page trasition how it fades in and out of pages. That's annoying as heck. It reminds of when sites in the 90's tried to show their skills by having effects like that.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:03 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 451
Default Lol!

I thought it was just a damned slow server! not a special effect
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,538
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

No if you look at all of the sites scrappy has built he incorporates it into them all. It's the most useless thing I have ever seen and drives me crazy. I think if you went with what core suggested and redisgned them, did a complete overhaul they could both be kickass.

The carbon poker forums may have a tough go with teh poker.com forum members but the world one should do well...I hope you do go through with what we had discussed before I think ity blow a few leagues out of the water so to speak
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-12-2007, 04:50 PM
cogger cogger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 142
Default

In this case leave the sites and take the names to new servers. Build better looking sites, e-mail the member list on carbonpoker. Move members over to your new platform. I would just go with world poker forums. It's a decent name.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Content-Rich Websites For Sale – Ready To Profit Cashmirrors The Poker Affiliate Exchange 5 01-13-2007 02:13 AM
Websites for sale? Beanie General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 12-31-2006 05:45 AM
websites outside of North America psmoney The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 12-01-2006 11:36 AM
Turnkey PR3 & PR2 Websites For Sale Cashmirrors The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 08-04-2006 10:10 PM
Offer to people with new websites... Ex Croupier General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 02-04-2005 10:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0