I don't understand why I cannot have webmasters copy and paste my Flash banner into their html without having to have a copy of the flash .swf file.
Here is the code for playing the bonusbanner.swf on my own pages: (I don't know why the "Grin Smiley" is there!)
<object classid="clsid

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="468" height="60">
<param name="movie" value="bonusbanner.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="bonusbanner.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="468" height="60"></embed>
</object>
Why can't I just change the locations of the Flash images to external URLs, so that it looks like this:
<object classid="clsid

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="468" height="60">
<param name="movie" value="http://MYWEBSITE.COM/bonusbanner.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<embed src="http://MYWEBSITE.COM/bonusbanner.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="468" height="60"></embed>
</object>
and then Copy and Paste this into any other page on any other website?
Youtube videos seem to work like that, with no problem, i.e. here is some code that works easily:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,65,0" width="400" height="350">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.mypokervideo.com/misc/flash/ctplayer.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#103f04" />
<param name="flashvars" value="configURL=http://www.mypokervideo.com/misc/flash/config.xml.php?v=cb7361aec2628cebb1b65286e07ffc65_ instructions.flv&l=1" />
<embed src="http://www.mypokervideo.com/misc/flash/ctplayer.swf" flashvars="configURL=http://www.mypokervideo.com/misc/flash/config.xml.php?v=http://www.mypokervideo.com/uploads/cb7361aec2628cebb1b65286e07ffc65_instructions.flv& l=1" quality="high" bgcolor="#103f04" width="400" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>
Is the difference partly that I do not have a line like this line here???:
"flashvars"value="configURL=http://www.mypokervideo.com/misc/flash/config.xml.php?v=cb7361aec2628cebb1b65286e07ffc65_ instructions.flv&l=1" />
Is there anything similar/simple I could add to my code above to make it work on a Copy and Paste basis?
Thanks.