News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Web Design Q&A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-26-2006, 07:32 PM
gder03 gder03 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16
Default Joomla and other Free Templates

Are Joomla templates suitable for poker sites? I want to have lots of ads and offiliate links etc.. A typical affiliate site. My other content would consist of poker articles, site reviews, forum, etc..

Are other non-Joomla templates suitable for theses kinds of sites?
I don't want to hire a coder because I dont have the funds. Mainly I want to find a free template online and edit it.

If you know any good free templates that work well for affiliate sites, please share.

I'v been running around in a circle for about a month, figuring out how to get my content up.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-27-2006, 06:58 AM
jharri26 jharri26 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 33
Default Joomla and Poker Sites

I dont see why it wouldnt work. I am using Joomla/Mambo on my poker site at www.route66poker.net if you want to take a look. I took an existing free template and changed it around to fit my needs. There are some nice commercial ones but the free ones need a little coaxing. Its also pretty easy to do a template if you want to. There are tons of module out for banner ad management and other stuff too.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-27-2006, 09:00 AM
losercore losercore is offline
#1 Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 136
Default

I used Mambo on all my earlier sites. I love it. If you get a good template you are set. Sometimes it hard to find a template with both, everything you want, and looks good.

It's worth getting a template design since you can get a really noce mambo/joomla designed for under $100
__________________
  • Titan Poker Bonus Code
  • Cake Poker Bonus Code
  • Web Hosting $6.95/Free Domain
Attention spans are short. Make sure customers find your website before they lose interest
Yahoo Search Marketing
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-27-2006, 09:13 PM
gder03 gder03 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharri26
I dont see why it wouldnt work. I am using Joomla/Mambo on my poker site at www.route66poker.net if you want to take a look. I took an existing free template and changed it around to fit my needs. There are some nice commercial ones but the free ones need a little coaxing. Its also pretty easy to do a template if you want to. There are tons of module out for banner ad management and other stuff too.

wow. that is a great site. It looks very original (unlike many joomla sites). what kind of coding did it take to customize your site? css/html/and php?? B/c that site very nice! Looks very proffesional.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-28-2006, 08:03 AM
jharri26 jharri26 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 33
Default

Thanks for the compliment. I have been working hard at it. I've just been using basic coding to change it around. css/html/ and a little php. I am not familiar with php as much as I work with dotnet all day. However with Joomla once you get your template set all you need to do is plugin content. If anyone has thoughts on what content I am missing on the site to cater more to tournament players let me know.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0