Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums

Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/)
-   Web Design Q&A (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/web-design-q/)
-   -   Joomla and other Free Templates (http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/forums/web-design-q/5949-joomla-other-free-templates.html)

gder03 07-26-2006 07:32 PM

Joomla and other Free Templates
 
Are Joomla templates suitable for poker sites? I want to have lots of ads and offiliate links etc.. A typical affiliate site. My other content would consist of poker articles, site reviews, forum, etc..

Are other non-Joomla templates suitable for theses kinds of sites?
I don't want to hire a coder because I dont have the funds. Mainly I want to find a free template online and edit it.

If you know any good free templates that work well for affiliate sites, please share.

I'v been running around in a circle for about a month, figuring out how to get my content up.

jharri26 07-27-2006 06:58 AM

Joomla and Poker Sites
 
I dont see why it wouldnt work. I am using Joomla/Mambo on my poker site at www.route66poker.net if you want to take a look. I took an existing free template and changed it around to fit my needs. There are some nice commercial ones but the free ones need a little coaxing. Its also pretty easy to do a template if you want to. There are tons of module out for banner ad management and other stuff too.

losercore 07-27-2006 09:00 AM

I used Mambo on all my earlier sites. I love it. If you get a good template you are set. Sometimes it hard to find a template with both, everything you want, and looks good.

It's worth getting a template design since you can get a really noce mambo/joomla designed for under $100

gder03 07-27-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jharri26
I dont see why it wouldnt work. I am using Joomla/Mambo on my poker site at www.route66poker.net if you want to take a look. I took an existing free template and changed it around to fit my needs. There are some nice commercial ones but the free ones need a little coaxing. Its also pretty easy to do a template if you want to. There are tons of module out for banner ad management and other stuff too.


wow. that is a great site. It looks very original (unlike many joomla sites). what kind of coding did it take to customize your site? css/html/and php?? B/c that site very nice! Looks very proffesional.

jharri26 07-28-2006 08:03 AM

Thanks for the compliment. I have been working hard at it. I've just been using basic coding to change it around. css/html/ and a little php. I am not familiar with php as much as I work with dotnet all day. However with Joomla once you get your template set all you need to do is plugin content. If anyone has thoughts on what content I am missing on the site to cater more to tournament players let me know.

Thanks


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0