Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Web Design Q&A

Web Design Q&A Use this forum to discuss any web design questions or issues you may be having

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-01-2006, 05:26 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 194
Default

Have any of you got any recommendations for a CMS. Also any I should be avoiding?

Thanks for your help.

Adrian.
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-03-2006, 02:24 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Default

Are you looking for a shared CMS like Macromedia Contribute or a custom CMS for yourself?

If you need a custom CMS, let me know and I will be able to help.

Best Regards,

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 194
Default

I don't need a shared CMS as at the moment its only me working on the site.

To be honest I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Having been looking into CMS's for the last few days, I've been sort of turned off the idea, as I'm not sure I could easily integrate it.

Even though my site isn't launched yet I have basically built my site so far as static content, so I have the site layout completed and circa. 60 pages of static content built already in the form of a strategy course.

Now I'm looking to build the Poker Articles Section and the Poker News section and these are the two sections I will be adding content to on a daily basis going forward.

So what I was originally looking for was a CMS that would be able to run these two sections and not interfere with the rest of the site which is static. Then maybe just have some RSS feeds from the CMS in the (static) navigation of the site.

Most of the CMS I've looked at seem to work in their own php templates, and not sure if what I want to do is actually achievable.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something to automate the daily posting of the articles and automatically update some sort of navigation links to the latest articles.

I certainly don't think I need a full blown CMS.

If anyone has any ideas It would be greatly appreciated


Thanks

Adrian.
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-07-2006, 01:30 AM
julie julie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 25
Default

A full CMS such as joomla or mambo is too much for your needs, but perhaps wordpress would work for you. Otherwise an article or news script such as this http://www.interlogy.com/products/content/article/
__________________
Free Poker Templates
Rec Gambling Poker Newsgroup
Poker Articles - Submit Your Articles or Get Articles for your Website
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 194
Default

Thanks very much Julie.

That link you provided looks very promising. I'll look into it more over the weekend.

Thanks

Adrian.
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

TopQMedia.com

Bobi at TopQ has done several CMS sites for me as well as many other members here. There are easy to use and TopQ does awesome work. Just tell them want you want and they will get it done.

Once you go to a good CMS system you will never want to go back to html. Only my opinion of course.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 194
Default

I've just found this software: http://www.xigla.com/absolutenmnet/index.htm which looks pretty good - not open source, but looks impressive.

Also a scaled down version of it for slightly cheaper: http://www.xigla.com/absolutenm/index.htm

Anyone used this software before?
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Affiliate Business Management Software / Custom PHP & Site Development ArthurD Websites & Domains For Sale 9 04-17-2007 05:43 PM
Crash Course in CMS ThePokerBank Web Design Q&A 7 03-23-2007 11:25 AM
framed content, sitemaps, spiders xpertadvice4u Search Engine Optimization 1 02-09-2007 01:49 PM
Gambling Content Website for sale $2500+ per Month Verfiable! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 01-21-2007 03:51 AM
Lets Talk About Content Management Systems adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 11-27-2006 12:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0