News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-08-2007, 10:39 PM
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 140
Default

Thanks for the help guys...once I get my new site completed I will just buy a bunch of links from nice sites and do some very selective link exchanges.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-09-2007, 08:23 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 160
Default Ok, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl
Thanks for the help guys...once I get my new site completed I will just buy a bunch of links from nice sites and do some very selective link exchanges.

why will anybody bother exchanging with *you* if your site is going to be new and relatively unranked????

If they exchange with you, I guess they are not being very "selective"?

I can understand the relative value of linking with established sites...but I don't quite fully understand why people are saying there is no value whatsoever in having unestablished sites linking to you.

Is it not better to have at least *those* links then NONE whatsoever?
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
boarderman23 boarderman23 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 83
Send a message via AIM to boarderman23
Default

Yes, any link helps even though you may not see any effect. As long as those sites are indexed by Google (and don't have hundreds of links on a page) then you gain. May be very very little though. So, quality is the big thing here.

Newpokergirl - If you haven't even released your site yet, I would be careful of how many high PR links you purchase. I'm not very clear what will get you in the sandbox, but one thing is if a new site comes about and the link structure looks suspicious. For example, why would a brand new site have a bunch of high PR one way links to their site? I don't know how many Google would require as suspicious, but that is just something I try to look out for when I start a new site.
__________________
Sit N Go, N Win! Affiliate Page - Promote this high converting e-book on you site today!

6.15% CONVERSION RATE!! - send us traffic, we will convert it!

--Take 5 minutes out of your work schedule to send one of our pre-written, high converting e-mails to your list and start making easy money as we speak! - $44/sale...you do the math
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 366
Default

NewPokerGirl,

You don't need to buy links. I've never paid for a link in my life.

I would suggest writing a few poker articles and submiting them to http://ezinearticles.com/ linking back to various related keyword rich pages on your site.

For example write an article about "sit n go strategy"..... use the phrase "sit n go strategy" once in the articles title.... 3 or 4 times in the content including once in the last paragragh...... use the term "sit n go strategy" in the clickable link back to a page on your website called Sit N Go Strategy.

I don't know why more webmasters don't do this. It works like a charm.


That alone will give your site a PR 3 or 4 in the next update and then the more "established sites" will exchange links with you and you can build from there.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-09-2007, 12:19 PM
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertadvice4u
why will anybody bother exchanging with *you* if your site is going to be new and relatively unranked????

If they exchange with you, I guess they are not being very "selective"?

I can understand the relative value of linking with established sites...but I don't quite fully understand why people are saying there is no value whatsoever in having unestablished sites linking to you.

Is it not better to have at least *those* links then NONE whatsoever?


Its actually not a new site, it's a site thats being redesigned but it has pr. I am going to be selective because it would be pretty stupid to link with everyone that sends me a request. If I accepted anyone I would have a link farm. When i said selective I meant no subdomains, no link farms and no sites without content . I dont think anyone would want to link to a subdomain that only has a few banners up and almost no content.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,261
Default

Instead of deciding to link to sites based on what you're getting in return, decide who to link to based on how useful the other site is going to be for your visitors. Quantity is important, but quality is a lot more important.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-10-2007, 08:00 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 160
Default How are the differences manifested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Instead of deciding to link to sites based on what you're getting in return, decide who to link to based on how useful the other site is going to be for your visitors. Quantity is important, but quality is a lot more important.

This is what I do not understand....

Quantity is "important"...quality is "important"...to whom? or to what?

A lot of things can be "important"...but with regards to what, specifically?

Does Google somehow evaluate how useful and relevant the links you have are to to the subject matter of your pages??? How could they do that unless they had a human evaluating it? or is all done on ratio of common keywords or something?

Is there really some human who is going to say: "Well, this site only has three backlinks, but they are really relevant backlinks to the niche, even though they are not very highly ranked sites, and so we will give this site a higher ranking than site X which has twice as many links - but from sites with few commonalities."

How does it all work in reality?

Do human beings at Google or anywhere else actually evaluate each site on its contribution to the welfare of humanity, or whatever topic you have chosen as your niche? Or is it all mechanized and algorithm based?
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-10-2007, 08:15 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertadvice4u
Does Google somehow evaluate how useful and relevant the links you have are to to the subject matter of your pages??? How could they do that unless they had a human evaluating it?

Sure, and that part is pretty easy for them. After all, that is what they do. If they determine a page is relevant to "poker in somalia" and then ranks it #5 for that search, a link from that page to another page about poker in somalia will be valuable to that second page for a poker in somalia search moreso than a poker in tahiti search. How much more relevant is a question, but a link from the front page of pokerpages will be more helpful for poker searches than a link from newyorkrealestate.com
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-10-2007, 08:29 PM
edmc edmc is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 383
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
NewPokerGirl,

You don't need to buy links. I've never paid for a link in my life.

I would suggest writing a few poker articles and submiting them to http://ezinearticles.com/ linking back to various related keyword rich pages on your site.



If you are not expecting results today. I send a couple of dumb articles in for a site I only use for playing around. Its a PR 3 now, no linking stategy involved. No site developing. just a practice site. Im like wtf? The artices were high PR so it must have rubbed off
__________________
Poker Blah blah blah

Blogroll Link Exchanges Welcome - Blogging Tips more so...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-11-2007, 12:51 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 160
Default If this is so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
Sure, and that part is pretty easy for them. After all, that is what they do. If they determine a page is relevant to "poker in somalia" and then ranks it #5 for that search, a link from that page to another page about poker in somalia will be valuable to that second page for a poker in somalia search moreso than a poker in tahiti search. How much more relevant is a question, but a link from the front page of pokerpages will be more helpful for poker searches than a link from newyorkrealestate.com

this would imply that links from projected high traffic sites like Brandon and Jeremy's Donkey Lotto would have less value than links from sites with less volume of traffic, but more concrete connections to poker content???
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cpayscom2 Online Casino SEO contest site looking for quality backlinks ozim The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 11-02-2006 10:23 AM
Need Backlinks, offering good internal indirect links in exchance... chrisptp The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 09-20-2006 03:50 PM
backlinks and linking strategies joeblack Search Engine Optimization 3 11-15-2005 06:39 AM
What is the key to backlinks? stillshadow Search Engine Optimization 9 08-04-2005 12:20 AM
Need backlinks fast? stroke General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 03-17-2005 01:43 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0