Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-24-2006, 10:34 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default Search Engine Submissions???

OK, I have never submitted to a search engine. I have let them find me.

90%+ of my SE hits are from google.

Am I missing out on the smaller SE's?

My theory was link to a site that gets spidered & no need to apply.

Is this wrong & Im missing out on extra clicks?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-24-2006, 10:54 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

The only SE I have ever submitted to is Yahoo. I don't know if it makes it any better but I have a habit of submitting all new sites to Yahoo and those sites seem to take off better in Google sooner too.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-24-2006, 11:07 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Also.....adding to this. Site maps. are they needed for a standard site? I have a site with about 130 pages. Dont have a site map. Indexes fine but most of my links a internal so the way im looking at it is spider search from the point of the link. Im not saying dont use them but im saying there is no worry if you only have a one distance from a linked page.

The reason i dont have a site map on my site is because I built a site quickly & am adding the content as i go. I am adding the links to the pages with the new content & it is indexing fine. What I a using a site map for is looking at them together. Im putting that on a spare site so I can see what I need to change. Sure it would be silly just to ignore a google friendly idea but I dont think its worth panicking about as long as the links are there to show you page no matter how deep the page is. They say google ignores 4 deep, what if it has 100 decent links? Youtube/wikepedia/myspace. Im guessing the link to the page & content is the difference. A site map will only get a weaker page indexed quicker but im happy to have my weaker pages hidden till I work on them
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Squigley Squigley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 105
Default

I'd agree with that about sitemaps. A well-laid-out site shouldn't need it. After all, they managed well enough before sitemaps!

As to submitting to SE's, some people say it can actually be a bad thing to submit - much better to let the SE's find you.
__________________
Poker Bonuses | No Deposit Poker | Poker Directory
Free Online Poker | Poker Review | Best Casino Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-25-2006, 07:05 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,695
Default

There are two different kinds of sitemaps... one is an html page like site.com/sitemap.html, the other is something done through Google's webmaster central.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Squigley Squigley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 105
Default

That's true PPP. In my post when I said sitemap I meant the Google sitemap. Every site should have a html sitemap page.
__________________
Poker Bonuses | No Deposit Poker | Poker Directory
Free Online Poker | Poker Review | Best Casino Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-26-2006, 04:33 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

What is the difference between the 2? I will be adding a sitemap but not untill I work out a few titles, etc. Used the html version as reference. Not got around to the google version as yet. Didnt realise there was a difference.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No search engine traffic wanted Justin Search Engine Optimization 6 08-21-2006 07:36 AM
Search Engine Strategies Conference indieangler Search Engine Optimization 2 02-14-2006 11:45 PM
New Gambling Search Engine and Directory jharri26 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 10 10-21-2005 02:14 PM
Search Engine Submission sooners83 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 07-25-2005 04:13 PM
Search Engine Optimization Tool Ritch111 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 02-11-2005 11:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0