Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-26-2006, 02:32 PM
ClickItNow ClickItNow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 84
Default Some pages no longer indexed

I've noticed that a few of my pages (which were previously indexed by google) are no longer indexed. It is definately not a case of them dropping further down the list, as I have tried finding them on a variety of specific searches.

A common problem out of your control? OR, more likely to be something i've done?

Cheers guys.
__________________
Play Holdem Online - Polls and Surveys - Bounty Hunter Poker
Blog of Poker News and Events - Sites for US Players - Daniel Negreanu Blog
Cardplayer Resources <--- Submit your Link Exchange here
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-26-2006, 05:19 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,268
Default

It looks like quite a few of your pages don't have very much text or content on them. You also only have 1 or 2 very low quality incoming links to your site. This could be a cause. Im also not too sure how good drop down menu's are for seo. Someone else will have to comment on that.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-28-2006, 12:44 PM
ClickItNow ClickItNow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 84
Default

Thanks for the reply

Yeh, I am not overly concerned about my content to code ratio as it is higher than alot of sites I have compared it to (eg Pocket Fives).

I certainly also plan to purchase some higher PR backlinks.

I had a good think about what changes I'd made since all my pages were indexed and I think it may be due to the path changing that most spiders follow. I have made a couple of changes to get it back closer to how it was.

I guess I was thinking along the lines, that when pages get indexed, they stay indexed until spiders notice they no longer exist, whereas I should be thinking that they only get indexed each time they are crawled, and if they dont get crawled they get dropped (at defined intervals obviously). (correct me if i'm wrong)

Generally I suppose, Holis' thread about google could also have something to do with it.

thanks again
__________________
Play Holdem Online - Polls and Surveys - Bounty Hunter Poker
Blog of Poker News and Events - Sites for US Players - Daniel Negreanu Blog
Cardplayer Resources <--- Submit your Link Exchange here
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sell one link for every pages of my website casinos-right The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-26-2007 11:27 AM
linkText ads available on pr4 poker pages mongoose The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 08-12-2006 08:52 PM
Cheap PR5 Sitewide and PR4 Inner pages Darko The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 08-12-2006 03:30 PM
Indexing of Internal pages greview Search Engine Optimization 8 07-24-2006 12:28 PM
Google SiteMaps Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 6 07-13-2005 02:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0