Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-23-2006, 05:42 PM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
Default Indexing of Internal pages

My site is one month old today and so far I have no internal pages indexed. How long does it normally take? With the way the googlebot has been hitting my site this month(about 250 visits) I would think I would have something other than the home page indexed.
__________________
http://www.poker-portal.info
http://onlinepokerblog.wordpress.com
http://www.online-earners.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-23-2006, 06:15 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 466
Default

Well, you have 563 pages indexed in yahoo. Problem is, 562 of them cannot be found.

you probably made some changes recently
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greview
My site is one month old today and so far I have no internal pages indexed. How long does it normally take? With the way the googlebot has been hitting my site this month(about 250 visits) I would think I would have something other than the home page indexed.
How clean is your source code? You have to remember that the bot has to be able to crawl your site and "see" the links. There are tools out there to test how your code looks to a spider. Do a search and you'll find some good stuff (try seochat.com)
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2006, 06:21 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,698
Default

It sure looks like you have sent both Google and yahoo for a loop with duplicate and removed pages. It will probably take awhile before the bots get your site sorted out in their heads.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,017
Default

http://www.spidertest.com/
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-23-2006, 06:31 PM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
Default

Thanks for the link. The problem that I have found is that someone once owned my domain name and has links still set up that are going no where because his site no longer exist but the spiders are still hitting some of those links because there is a blog out there pointing to these pages even though none of them were mine. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix this.
As far as the home page goes I currently rank on page one of google for several keyword phrases although not very competive but they are bringing in some traffic.
__________________
http://www.poker-portal.info
http://onlinepokerblog.wordpress.com
http://www.online-earners.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-23-2006, 07:27 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 466
Default

WOW, I see what you mean. I found lots of blogger links from 2005, amongst other things. First thing you need to do is setup a custom 404 error page, then maybe look into a 301 redirect or something. Most of the links are to the directory subfolder, start there.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-23-2006, 08:37 PM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
Default

I'm doing 301 redirects and boy do I have my work cut out for me. So far I have counted over 200 links that need redirected. This should'nt hurt me in the serps right? May be a good thing because there has been alot of lost traffic to these links.
__________________
http://www.poker-portal.info
http://onlinepokerblog.wordpress.com
http://www.online-earners.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-24-2006, 12:28 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Poker
http://www.spidertest.com/
Hmmm, decent info, but i expected/hoped to see some sort of an analysis of the actually spidering process of sorts...I.E what links the spider will follow and such...anything like that around?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sell one link for every pages of my website casinos-right The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-26-2007 11:27 AM
How to get PR on internal Pages? Liam Search Engine Optimization 6 11-11-2006 11:07 AM
linkText ads available on pr4 poker pages mongoose The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 08-12-2006 08:52 PM
Cheap PR5 Sitewide and PR4 Inner pages Darko The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 08-12-2006 03:30 PM
Google SiteMaps Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 6 07-13-2005 02:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0