Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2006, 04:43 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default Back Link Scenario

Ok I got a question about back links and “titles”

Let’s say I have a site that will promote only 3 poker rooms.

We’ll call them:
Pokerroom1
Pokerroom2
Pokerroom3

In order to get higher search engine rankings I go out and get 1200 back links to my site.
However I need high search ranking for all 3 terms so I do it like this:

Pokkerrom1 = www.mysite.com 400 links
Pokkerrom2 = www.mysite.com 400 links
Pokkerrom3 = www.mysite.com 400 links

Does this hurt search engine ranking since I have 3 completely different tag lines pointing to the same site and page?



Thanks

__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-26-2006, 12:44 AM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,575
Default

hgfhg
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-26-2006, 04:00 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 287
Default different links

hi

definately helps to have different tag lines - this is more natural

for me I find it really time consuming to build links so I dont worry too much about it but if your getting 1200 backlinks (love to know where from) in one go then I wouldn't get them all the same

the really valuable links are the ones that look natural and are in the body of pages - Then it looks like 1200 sites / people all like your site / page for similar reasons but have genuinely linked to it in their own way because they like it

There is no-way I can generate 1200 links (I only do it by hand) in a short space of time - are you bulk buying links ?

If I was sure of 1200 links and had 3 poker rooms to promote from one site I would think about close variations on the link theme -

eg

xyz site bonus

xyz site review

xys site bonus review

abc site bonus / review / bonus review etc etc

From what I can gather if you just suddenly drop 1200 links to a page all with exactly the same linking text that is going to look iffy to the engines

just a thought cheers scrawnybob
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-26-2006, 09:00 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

This was more of a scenario. I am building links slowley and I'm at about 400 for one site and realized I have been goving different tag lines here and there. I was not sure if this hurt or helped.

Thanks for the feedback
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
are u share free articles ? and want ot get a link back ?? greekhand General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 03-11-2007 12:59 AM
Link back checker? Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 07-17-2006 11:40 PM
Free Back Link losercore The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 06-23-2006 10:40 AM
Link Guidlines stevencachia The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 07:05 AM
Free advertising and link back tomysole General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 01-05-2006 01:30 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0