Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ok my site has been around for 3 months almost, and google and msn and alexa love it. Spiders are there non stop and I have great rankings, but...I am getting 1/100 of the spider hits from yahoo (Inktomi Slurp right?) and my keyword rankings suck...whats up with this? could it be due to site life? or bad code?

Any help would be great

Thanks,
Brandon
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2006, 02:19 AM
cavaliers09 cavaliers09 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 151
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers09
Default

Mine is the opposite. Google spiders my site the most, but I get much results from yahoo. #1 for my main term in yahoo, no where to be found in google.
__________________
Poker Bankrolls
Get your own poker website for $150. PM me for details.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-12-2006, 10:20 PM
cavaliers09 cavaliers09 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 151
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers09
Default

I got bored and looked for my site in google for the main term I'm targeting and its on page 20. In Yahoo its #2. I don't get it.
__________________
Poker Bankrolls
Get your own poker website for $150. PM me for details.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-12-2006, 10:38 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 618
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

Yahoo hates me too, google loves me, well not that much but in comparison yes, I am totally getting in to all this seo stuff and Ive been told:
Google: mainly off page
yahoo : mainly on page
MSN: somewhere in between
I dont think this is much to do with that however I have been optimising onpage also. Yahoo 's spider is slower I think I just got 1/2 out of the yahoo sandbox, I am getting more normal stuff with them now. Not many hits butat least my site is indexed a "little better"
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,039
Default

My yahoo rankings are totally missing even for a search term like "hustlecards".
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-13-2006, 08:53 AM
HT0 HT0 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 25
Default

55% of my hits are comming from Yahoo. Im very pleased pleased with that.

I believe im ranking high on Yahoo Search because I added my site to the Yahoo Directory.

------

Learn Omaha
__________________
Black Jack Card Counting Strategy x Crazy Pineapple Poker
Black Jack Betting Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-13-2006, 08:55 AM
2ndServe 2ndServe is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 13
Default

I've read alot of discussions on other boards concerning this same topic. I'd post a link to a good discussion about Yahoo but I'm not sure how the moderators feel about this. The majority feel that Yahoo places a huge emphasis on inbound links right now and if you want to get highly ranked in Yahoo, you need to build more links.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yahoo Screen Names gPowell The Cocktail Lounge 5 01-10-2007 07:49 PM
anyone ever try the yahoo webhosting? NewPokerGirl General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 11-02-2006 02:47 AM
Yahoo? losercore Search Engine Optimization 0 07-27-2006 09:30 AM
Yahoo Problems Brandon Search Engine Optimization 7 01-24-2006 05:47 AM
Yahoo Search faydman General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 11-22-2005 01:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0