Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 11-02-2005, 06:09 AM
MilanFlyer MilanFlyer is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 260
Default

I was just checking my rankings at google.com earlier today. And guess what? Sudenly I'm ranking no 1 for several of my keyword frases. Going from below 50 yesterday to number 1 today. It's a blast B)

Anybody else seeing something similar today?

Can it last, or is it back to square tomorrow?
__________________
Holdemguiden Norge
Turneringspoker Norge
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 11-02-2005, 06:49 AM
ozim ozim is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 178
Default

Yep, I did.
Moved to the top of the list in Google.pl for the phrase 'poker' and on pole position for almost every possible poker phrase on Google's polish language search. Good day.

What are your phrases MilanFlyer ??
__________________
www.Poker24.pl - Poland's Top Poker Site
www.poker24.pl/eng - exchange links with me
kostenlos poker F1
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 11-02-2005, 07:18 AM
MilanFlyer MilanFlyer is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 260
Default

My phrases are poker related with a norwegian touch.
Don't want more competition than I have to, so I stop at that :P
__________________
Holdemguiden Norge
Turneringspoker Norge
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 11-02-2005, 07:33 AM
MilanFlyer MilanFlyer is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 260
Default

For a keyword like "texas holdem" I'm not in the top 100 in norwegian google.
Check out this site. It's number 2:

http://articles.uwphoto.no/identifis...ilde.asp?id=10

Sometimes Google stinks!
__________________
Holdemguiden Norge
Turneringspoker Norge
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 11-02-2005, 07:39 AM
MilanFlyer MilanFlyer is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 260
Default

And now I'm out of the ranking again.

What's going on over at Google today?
__________________
Holdemguiden Norge
Turneringspoker Norge
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 11-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Ritch111 Ritch111 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 288
Send a message via AIM to Ritch111
Default

It's the Jagger update. We are in the 3rd part of this obnoxious Google update. I've goten killed. It isn't over yet, plus you could be looking at different data centers when you search. Sometimes the data is'nt completely populated. Good luck in the end.

Ritch
__________________
If you think of something, someone has already thought of it first.
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 11-03-2005, 03:53 AM
MilanFlyer MilanFlyer is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 260
Default

Oooooooops, yesterday/today I have received a lot of SE-trafic.
I checked my rankings at google again now, and what an amazing result:

I track my progress with 20 keyword frases.
Today I have the following rankings for those keyword frases:
11 are ranking number 1 (+ I have rank 1 & 2 for 4 keywords)
5 are ranking from number 2 to number 10
1 are ranking from number 11 to number 20
3 are ranking below 50

This is so great, because the no 2 TV-station in Norway, had a prime-time discussion about online poker yesterday evening. Hopefully this will generate a lot of convertions.

I'm at my daytime job at the moment, and I'm not able to check all my stats. But I have access to my Income Access stats. And they indicate all-time-high traffic yesterday.

I can't wait to get home to check out my Party convertions yesterday

Bottom line is:

SEO works in the long run.
I started this web-site approx 6 months ago, and now it's pay-time B)
__________________
Holdemguiden Norge
Turneringspoker Norge
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strange Google Results Today Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 4 03-09-2007 03:47 PM
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 0 02-10-2007 05:18 PM
Google Problems today? the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 33 05-27-2006 11:39 PM
Google takes a pounding after hours gumbajohnny The Cocktail Lounge 2 04-20-2006 03:44 PM
GOOGLE launched a new version of its toolbar today Ritch111 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 02-18-2005 12:45 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0