Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Spam Kill
Old 10-20-2005, 08:58 AM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

alright I am confused, my brand new site that has been up for little less than a month is a pr3 (although it is my first site knowing more tricks of the trade) but acesoverqueens didnt change. Could it be that I recently updated almost everypage and changed the names of them (i.e blahblah to blah-blah) ??
Reply With Quote
  #12   Spam Kill
Old 10-20-2005, 09:27 AM
fatbill fatbill is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 67
Default

I show pagerank updates across most of my sites, and my blog moved up to a PR5.... ;-)
__________________
Texas Holdem Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #13   Spam Kill
Old 10-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by bbkicks213@Oct 20 2005, 09:58 AM
alright I am confused, my brand new site that has been up for little less than a month is a pr3 (although it is my first site knowing more tricks of the trade) but acesoverqueens didnt change. Could it be that I recently updated almost everypage and changed the names of them (i.e blahblah to blah-blah) ??
Yes, that would explain it. If you recently changed all your file names, then Google probably hasn't crawled or updated PR on those pages yet.

Age of site isn't a factor in calculating PR.
Reply With Quote
  #14   Spam Kill
Old 10-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How often does google do this? Around when will be the next update? How much does PR affect on your search engine rankings
Reply With Quote
  #15   Spam Kill
Old 10-20-2005, 10:47 AM
mwack mwack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 25
Default

Okay... To your first question(s), Google updates toolbar PageRank approximately once a quarter. So the next update you'll see should be in about 3 months.

Secondly, PageRank effects your site's rankings incredibly, but the PageRank you and I can see (which is toolbar PageRank - PR3, PR4, etc) is simply an indicator to throw webmaster's a bone and allow people to see how much of an authority any given site may be. The PR that Google uses is not as simple as 1, 2, 3 - many different factors come into play for their algos.

Basically, that little green bar doesn't mean much. If you get more links to your site before the toolbar PR updates, Google will find out and rank you accordingly.
Reply With Quote
  #16   Spam Kill
Old 10-20-2005, 11:13 AM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 992
Default

Mine just got updated and am not to happy

one of them went from 1 to 3
the other from 0 to 2
but what im upset about is one went from 3 to 1
__________________
Poker Players are your from the USA ,Find out what Poker Rooms Allow US Players , or come by and see what sites are running 2007 Wsop Satellites. Maybe poker is not your game so come see what Casinos Allow US Players. Not a Player but like to talk gambling , then come visit our Poker Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #17   Spam Kill
Old 10-20-2005, 11:20 AM
AceKicker AceKicker is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BuckeyeReport@Oct 20 2005, 06:55 AM
What the hell? My site has been up for almost 3-4 months and I have no page rank.... Im lost.
There's something wrong with your site. The front page is not indexed in Google. Basically, Google doesn't know you exist. Yet, you have plenty of links pointing to your site. For some reason, Google is not indexing your site. Your meta tags look a little strange. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. You don't have a description meta tag.

Your meta tags in your should look something like this:



State Poker Tournaments




Other than that, I don't see why you haven't been indexed by Google.The only other thing I can think of is that your site has been banned. But, I don't see anything on your site that would warrant a ban from Google.

It shouldn't take 4 months to get your site indexed when you have that many links pointing to you.

Strange indeed....
Reply With Quote
  #18   Spam Kill
Old 10-20-2005, 02:38 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,371
Default

yeah, the ohiostate problem isn't with pagerank. It isn't indexed

http://www.google.com/search?q=ohiostatepoker.com


I suspect the problem is with the redirect from buckeyereport.
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22ohiostatepoker.com%22
It is showing pagerank before it redirects.
Reply With Quote
  #19   Spam Kill
Old 10-20-2005, 05:41 PM
mwack mwack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 25
Default

The only "proper" way to link an old domain to a new one is to use a 301 redirect... checked your page source and saw that you had a coded "refresh" redirect. I highly suggest changing to the 302. Not positive if it'll solve your problem, but I remember reading about sites getting banned from Google for using poor redirects.

Other than that, check to see if you're linking to any sites that got banned from Google or something.
Reply With Quote
  #20   Spam Kill
Old 10-20-2005, 09:47 PM
ucladave ucladave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 178
Default

I have a question - how can I tell where I am showing up in the search engines for various different search words?

For example, I am ranked for ucla poker, but cant see me for los angeles poker.

Also, I checked my PR number and apparantly I have a pr2. The bar looks low so I assume that is a bad thing. Any thoughts on how to get it higher? Right now google has only one link pointing at me so maybe that is one place to start. Although how long does it take google to find those new links from other sites?

www.uclapokerplayers.com

Thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update - MillionDollarBankroll JohnG The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 03-24-2007 09:27 AM
PageRank update started ozim Search Engine Optimization 21 01-19-2007 11:28 AM
Neteller Statement - 10/19 Update ResIpsa General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 10-19-2006 09:29 AM
Another PR Update !!! ozim Search Engine Optimization 3 04-06-2006 05:30 AM
PageRank update started? MilanFlyer Search Engine Optimization 15 02-15-2006 01:52 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0