Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Randy Randy is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,475
Default

I'd place a bet with anyone here that they wont get a top 5 position for the top terms like online poker, poker, casino and I'll give you 3 years to do it.

PM me details of how much you'd like to bet and we'll talk about the terms of the bet.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Darko Darko is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 229
Default

I'd bet 10k, poker news can escrow it, if they would do that and your ok with sending them the cash - they can take the funds from my paw affiliate account (i'd bet more as im very confident i would win, but then i would have dead money for 3 years which should be working and earning for me).

My terms would be real simple, get to top 5 position for either online poker, poker or casino within 3 years without spending $1000's on links.

Also I guess you would have to keep a top 5 position for a small amount of time (as popping in top5 for 1 or 2 days while google is jumping around wont count) and of course let us know which site will be doing this.



Im willing and able to do this bet, but problem is waiting 3 years would be a pain in the aXX lol

But Randy, I wasn't having a dig at you before, all im trying to say is I think its a complete waste of time for any new / inexperienced affiliate to go after these terms.

and "dbirider" when someone comes up with this so great idea / tool and get 1000's of other webmasters to link to you - let me know and I'll eat some tasty humble pie - yes its possible, but unlikely
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Randy Randy is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,475
Default

I knew you weren't trying to get in a dig at me. I just thought a bet might be fun.

Would the phrase "casinos" or "online casinos" be acceptable over "casino"?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-24-2007, 08:29 AM
Darko Darko is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 229
Default

hehehe, no way - it was only for the top terms i mentioned which are the nutz $$$ and searched many multiples then casinos and online casinos.

the bet would be fun, especially for you if you succeded as not only would you win the bet you would be making many times the bet a month from SE visitors.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-24-2007, 06:01 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,278
Default

Kaus,

here is an example I just accomplished.

A site that I have had sitting around for a long time finally needed some work. I never tried to make an impact in the major terms with this site because it was just going to be too much work. Well, that was back before I became an seo-a-holic.

Now that I have the SEO skills to even impress myself, I was able to take this site for 3 MAJOR terms that I was on page 5 or later for and now I'm on the first page for each term and even #5 for one term all in less than 2 months.

Traffic shot through the roof since these are terms that get 1,000's searches a day.

You know if you are on the ball and your competition lets their guard down, go for the throat and take their spot. it's an easy thing to do.

I'm totally whitehat with an excellent understanding of how blackhat works. this is key. Knowing what they are doing is a great way to one up them and stay there.

Like it was mentioned there are few poker blackhats out there. At least not the blatant ones anyway
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-24-2007, 10:19 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
I'd place a bet with anyone here that they wont get a top 5 position for the top terms like online poker, poker, casino and I'll give you 3 years to do it.

PM me details of how much you'd like to bet and we'll talk about the terms of the bet.
I'll place a bet on anyone here using terrms like online poker, poker, casino & they will get more hits (longtail) than they would have.

Sorry, didnt want to but in. I wont post in general incase I offend the selected few. So the the answer to your question brandon, ban me if you consider me offensive. I appologise if i over stepped the mark, but that is me, not meant offensive in any way. I intend 2 piss people off in every way in a forum, but not really & I always genuinly made an effort to help others.
It pissed me off that others more knowledgable didnt give a fuck about helping people.

So to answer you thread brandon. Yes, I am crazy. Yes I get pissed and post. stress levels, your high flying life couldnt compare.

I appologise for offending but if I came back, I would do the same. Ive always wanted to move forward but the only person eho has actually stepped forward was losercore. Other suggestions ive had was to promote duds like fulltilt, partypoker, titan & ongame sites. I son realised that your multiple choice answers have selective tracking
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,035
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I'll pay anyone $50,000 USD to get one of my sites to #1, #2, or #3 in google within the next year for those terms, online poker, poker, casino (serious offer).

I am very confident that a start-up site or newer portal couldn't compete for these positions with the type of back links mentioned about FullTilt, not too mention the aged links as well as links from authority sites. I remember when FullTilt implemented those text links into their aff. banners. Quite frankly that was one of the smartest things I have ever seen them do.

I think a more established portal could possibly do it in a year or two, but there are only a handful out there with the resources and cash.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-25-2007, 03:57 PM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 274
Default a small affiliate side bet ?

hi

just a thought while the big guns are getting the big money across the table - really looking forward to watching whatever gets agreed - got to be good blog material for someone - beanie ???

how about a small scale affiliates side bet for just ranking anywhere in top100 for "poker" or "online poker"

whoever gets the highest rank (where ever it is) for "poker" or "online poker" takes the total entrants pot

I'll put up a friendly tenner - thats $20 in USD

I think I briefly saw my site in top 100 for a couple of days last week at 87-89 and now back to 9million and 8

I wasnt even going for it (poker / online poker) so it was a bit of a suprise until I saw steve's poker-seo post saying google was ranking bad sites in top10 so I guess 87th was maybe a free spot for the day too.

anyway there it is -

if there are 10 or 20 new or small affiliates who dont rank for "poker" or "online poker" willing to take on a smaller wager

$20 x 20 affiliates = $400 pot for whoever has the highest rank in 6 mnths time

any takers ? jeremy could you be the judge

cheers scrawnybob
__________________
4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better Poker Forum

BadBeatorNot.com ... Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... Poker Guide & Directory

Scrawnybob's 4kingPoker Rants & Rambles ... Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-25-2007, 04:01 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,289
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I would give it a go....

I am sure more can join in...if I am willing to try well
__________________
Selling VBSEO License and VBulletin License - PM for details
_______________________________

Gambling Directory
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-25-2007, 04:26 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 296
Default

Sounds like fun, I would be up for that for shits n giggles. I doubt I would stand much of a chance but would be great fun.

I'm in.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Players Ranking - I need some help mfosouto General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 01-06-2007 01:10 AM
PR ranking & traffic edmc Search Engine Optimization 2 11-08-2006 06:35 PM
P.A.W. Alexa Ranking Jeremy The Cocktail Lounge 1 11-29-2005 03:37 AM
Do these type of sites hurt serps, PR, etc.? CasinoMack Search Engine Optimization 3 08-07-2005 03:28 AM
Alexa Ranking........ Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 03-11-2005 07:24 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0