News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-09-2005, 03:32 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So I went to check out my Alexa ranking today and was shocked to see it at 71,806. This site is only a few months old, so I have to say that I am pretty pleased with it.

Now here the question, I have other sites linking into this site but they do not show up on Alexa, likewise with all the traffic I get I still have no Google PR, but yet a few of my smaller sites are PR3+..........Go figure.

Any thoughts on Alexa? I don't think it's that important but maybe I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Ex Croupier Ex Croupier is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 187
Default

good when trying to make deals online but it is getting less reliable every day!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-09-2005, 03:50 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,347
Default

Alexa means next to nothing outside the top 1000. The traffic number is completely worthless. "Reach" has some value.

This site would have a higher Alexa traffic rank because it is a forum. Visits to all pages on domain are lumped into one number, so forums always get a large boost just due to the nature of looking at multiple pages. Comparing forum sites to forum sites can be somewhat useful, but comparing forum sites to non-forum sites is useless.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-11-2005, 07:06 PM
smidey smidey is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 13
Send a message via AIM to smidey
Default

I can't say what they are...but I have two sites, both in the top 25,000 in Alexa.com

I'm pretty sure Alexa is pretty accurate because other sites that I own aren't getting as much traffic and the month end numbers show.
__________________
<span style=\'color:red\'>Check out my HOT and SEXY Poker Babe at: http://www.onlyinnyc.com/A/index2.html</span>
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Egthareal Egthareal is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: I'm Rich Bitch
Posts: 267
Default

Alexa is good because - there are some people who allow links with only other people under the top 100K alexa rating. For instance : ebaumsworld.com a VERY high traffic website does link exchange with under 100K alexa people. Etc.

Alexa does have merit, you just have to find people who give it credit

--EG
__________________
Affiliate Consultant Extraordinaire.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0