Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate World Sponsored Programs - Poker Affiliate Programs > Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network

Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network Promote through the Poker Affiliate World system and take advantage of large CPA's as well as all your stats being on a simple poker affiliate backend.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 138
Default PAW Players on PokerNews email lists

Just something I have recently become aware of.

Our players signed up under PAW trackers are being included in the Pokernews emails lists.

This means we are competing with PokerNews for our own players when it comes to other sites.

I could be out of line hear but I'm fairly sure this is not entirely appropriate.

I introduce player XX to pokersite AA then I expect when a PAW offer or "exclusive promo" comes up at pokersite BB that I am going to have first crack at promoting that to my player XX.

The way the system is working now, I suspect I am losing sign ups to pokersite BB because my players is being directly marketed to from Pokernews.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-11-2007, 11:21 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 367
Default

without sounding silly.....you see the banner up top that says "In cooperation with PokerNews", right?

The way I see it, this is the trade off for using the PAW affiliate network and why I removed all links from my site.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 138
Default

lol - yeh, I understand the relationship.

Was just looking at it from point of view of events like WSOP freerolls.

For example : when I promote the wsop freerolls on Full Tilt, I expect I should also be able to promote the Titan WSOP freerolls to my players as well without competing with PokerNews since I introduced the player in the first place.

Way I see it PAW and Pokernews still receive income from me even if I send the player to the second site and it would make the whole program far more effective for us smaller affiliates if we didn't have to compete with our own "upline" affiliate for our player.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-12-2007, 02:58 AM
kdollar kdollar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 149
Default

I didn't realize this... It would be great if our affiliate id's were included in the newsletters. Oh well, I guess I have to think again about using PAW trackers.
__________________
Play online poker and get the best poker bonus codes. Find out the top online poke rooms and get daily online poker news.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 189
Default

This is something that definitely needs clarification / explanation.

It's not on for pokernews to promote to our players.
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,991
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I was not aware of this and I will look into it. But I do question how this is even technically possible. For example if a player follows your affiliate url that was given to you from the PAW network, there is no way in hell that the room is going to send us the players email addresses or contact info. (We as affiliates could only wish that rooms would give us all this info)......

I guess I am having a hard time figuring out how "your players" got onto the pokernews newsletter list.

With that said, the only way one of your players could really get on our email list is if they "subscribe to our free newsletter" which is on the top of all of our pages at pokernews.com as well as the 25 different language sites.

We do receive several new sign-ups a day to our newsletter so perhaps they signed up at one point or another directly from us.

Could this be a possibility? I ask this again because we don't get any players email or contact info when they simply follow either pokernews or paw trackers. You can confirm this with all the affiliate programs as well.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 138
Default

Obviously I can't exactly tell you how it occurred. All I can say is that the player was inquiring about some PAW promo games and has signed up under PAW trackers in the past. When I explained the sub-affiliate thing, their next comment was ....
Quote:
Oh...That's why I keep receiving these PokerNews emails. I couldn't work out why I was getting them because I had never heard of them....
Just thought it was worth investigating because obviously it is not something we as affilaites are going to be automatically aware of as the emails are going direct to the player.

If the answer is "no we don't do that" after someone has considered it properly then I'm happy, but if somehow it is going on then I think it needs to be re-considered.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-2007, 12:46 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,991
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I agree, I would be pissed myself is this was actually going on. But after talking to the other guys at Pnews, I just don't see how it is possible that a PAW tracker could get someone onto our email list.

Obviously we don't get player data or info from the rooms upon sign-ups.

The only thing I can think of is that the player signed up for our newsletter directly, or that they they were receiving marketing emails from a room they already signed up for like Mansion or Absolute (Both good about retention emails)

Unfortunately no poker sites share the actual email addresses with affiliates of the players that signed up through their trackers.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 782
Default

Something about this doesn't add up, like Jeremy said. Why would the sites give PNews their email address to promote them continuously? The only way I could see this happening is if the player won a wsop package, they would need to work out the details with PNews, but thats the only scenario I can see this possibly happen.

I suspect your player either:

1) signed up for the Pnews mailing list and forgot about it
2) signed up for a mailing list that PokerNews "acquired"
3) is receiving emails from some other site, with the emails titled "Poker news" in his inbox
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Your players will be eligible for Special pokernews freerolls Vrindavan Poker Affiliate World Integrated Affiliate Network 2 02-19-2007 10:36 AM
How would YOU retain players? xpertadvice4u General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 02-18-2007 08:36 PM
US email lists losercore General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 10-05-2006 07:13 AM
Did you send me this? Joe General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 04-28-2005 05:17 AM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 03:58 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0