Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > The Poker Affiliate Exchange

The Poker Affiliate Exchange Have something you want to sell or trade, i.e. domains, websites, poker stuff? Have Fun.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 05-01-2007, 09:28 AM
minga's Avatar
minga minga is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 28
Question What's the going rate for freelance articles?

I've got two writers who have been providing articles for me. It's about time they got some compensation for their time and efforts, but I don't know what is reasonable. These are local authors writing articles about area tournaments and poker strategy. (If you'd like to read some of the copy - it's here http://umichiganpoker.com/articles/index.html

Thanks for the advice!
__________________
Michele
http://UMichiganPoker.com
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 05-01-2007, 02:55 PM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,234
Default

It depends but after looking at some of the articles they write they are of good value. In other words they are unique, serve a pupose and are interesting to read.

I usually pay between $15 and $25 an article depending on the content. Plus if they are bulk then I expect to pay less. So if they wrote 100 for example it could be less.

I would say anywhere from $5-$25 an article is fair in most cases.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 05-01-2007, 03:21 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 196
Default

Yeah it does depend. An article by Daniel Negreanu would be worth a lot more than an article from any other poker player.

But in general a good price for a decent article would be around $20.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 05-02-2007, 11:21 AM
minga's Avatar
minga minga is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 28
Smile Thanks for the feedback!

One of my authors quoted a couple prices that seemed high to me. I don't have a lot of experience, so I thought running it through these forums would get me the fastest and most accurate answer.

Once again - the experience and knowledge of PAW has come through!

Thank you!!!

Michele
__________________
Michele
http://UMichiganPoker.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,704
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I have heard that the writers for some of the larger sites get up to $100 per article depending on who they are as well as the actual articles.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 05-08-2007, 03:18 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
I have heard that the writers for some of the larger sites get up to $100 per article depending on who they are as well as the actual articles.
I know a writer that charges $100 per article and does very good work. His stories are 100% original content and have sometimes been picked up by larger sites and popular blogs giving the webmaster added the added "linkbait" and traffic.

You get what you pay for.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 05-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,383
Default

Freelance writers can get anywhere from a penny a word up to $10 per word, depending on their qualifications and the quality of their writing. (You might even be able to find them cheaper, but the quality of anything below 2 or 3 cents per word is going to suffer dramatically.)

Interestingly enough, sometimes writers who charge more don't necessarily do better work. I was disappointed in the quality of work I was getting at one time, then I raised my going price, and got work of similar or shoddier quality for the higher price. So you're always going to have to actively manage any relationship with a freelance writer.

And if you find a good one who's willing to work within your budget, stay on good terms with him. (or her).
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 05-12-2007, 05:25 PM
chrisptp chrisptp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 35
Default

i'd say $40-$80 for articles topping 1k words with unique, original content
__________________
Part Time Poker - Poker Propping, Strategy, Poker Jokes | Funny Poker T-Shirts
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 05-13-2007, 07:13 AM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 135
Default

How much you should pay a freelance writer completely depends on their qualifications experience etc I have one writer who has written for newspapers magazines and many books he charges me about $50 for a 300-400 word article but he gives me a discount becuase I have known him so long normally he wuld charge $100-$200. I have other writers who will write articles $4-$10 for the same word count. It depends what you want and the quality you want.
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you need poker articles written? Bryan The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 02-27-2007 01:38 AM
Articles and News Wanted Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 12-12-2006 09:57 PM
I want your articles mikebrad The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 06-18-2006 11:05 AM
Rate Our Progress boarderman23 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 6 04-22-2006 07:03 PM
Where can we get free and premium articles? John D General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 11-08-2005 02:52 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0