Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate World Sponsored Programs - Poker Affiliate Programs > ParadisePoker.com

ParadisePoker.com ParadisePoker.com is a member of the PAW network. Discuss the ParadisePoker.com affiliate program here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Poker All-In Poker All-In is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 18
Default

I was on another affiliate site and I posted my stats from Paradise poker since I opened an account there. I just find it hard to believe that I've had that many downloads, but not even a play money account.

Clicks 206
Downloads 49
Active Players 0
New Deposited Players 0

I was told on that site the Paradise Poker is owned by Sport Bet and they don't have a very good record with affiliates. I was told on that board that I probably shouldn't promote Paradise because a lot of people on that forum has had problems with them.

Have any of you guys had problems with Paradise Poker?
__________________
I've done everything I've ever wanted to do, accept win a million dollars.

http://www.pokerall-in.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2006, 11:37 AM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Default

80 downloads, 0 signups here.

Looks like cfpokermoney had some problems too a few threads down.
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 109
Default

The download numbers is completely skewered, I will tell you that. Typically you'll end up with more downloads then clicks in the stats.

As far as recording signups, I believe it's accurate. You do have to remember that it is only showing signups where there has actually been a deposit. It's not showing you play money accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2006, 03:04 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,638
Default

Paradise has a great reputation, even if some more amateur hour boards might flame them.

This phenomenon has been explained many times. You get a "download" registered anytime a vistor goes to a page. Poker All-In's stats are the first I've ever seen with less downloads than clicks. With Paradise you should always have more downloads than clicks, and an absurdly high number of "downloads".
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-20-2006, 03:26 PM
pokernut pokernut is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 141
Default

I dismiss most bashers of affiliate programs, but I agree with them on paradise... I have sent over 1500 clicks and made $0. I average between $1 and $8 per click with EVERY other Poker affiliate Program except for Paradise... which is $0.00.

Stephen is the best AM out there... I just wished he worked for someone else

Love Titan which is gettting bashed daily... paid every month on time etc.. and PP will always be my sugar daddy. Jury still out on allinPoker.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-20-2006, 04:14 PM
pokernow pokernow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 17
Default

I have never had a probem with Paradise Poker and the money I make there each month more than pays the rent for my one bedroom apartment. I do agree though that the stats page needs to be updated in a way so that people can understand. Why they have it so that a download equals a page viewed or however they have it is beyond me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-20-2006, 05:17 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Default

Whos running default link/banner codes & whos hosting their own images?

I noticed the other day that they are inserting an impression tracking .gif, in their text link codes?

I host all of my own images, which of course kills any impression tracking & I'm using a simple link code w/o the impression .gif's...
http://www.paradisepoker.com/?adv_id=a_2214b_1

I agree, Stephen is the man!

@ Stephen...
Is it possible to cancel my current acct & re-signup?
I'm running out of ideas here, might have caught a glitch upon registering last year maybe?

I'm stumped?
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 494
Default

Hi Guys

1. I know the download stats are screwed, and this is a massive hassle for us, and something that I am pushing to resolve. I have been promised additional stats that will assist in the near future, but these things take time... Until then, I live with what I have....

However, this does not affect the Player stats in any way whatsoever. Provided someone clicks on your banner and signs up, they will be recorded as a New Player for you.

2. To put numbers to this, we have found that most people are registered 2-3 times as a download. So 49 downloads, probably equals between 17-23 unique people who have downloaded, which is not that many in the end.

3. Talking specifics:
a) Greg, as I mentioned in my email, I'd love to know what you are doing for us compared to your other sites, as I am sure that we can work out something to try and improve this. The link you gave below is 100% correct.
b ) PokerNut, 1500 clicks means nothing - email me what you do, and what you do compared to others, and we can discuss it.

One thing I will add... Not all Poker Rooms work as well with all web-sites. I have advertised on the exact same sites, with one raking in hundreds of Players and the exact other site bringing nothing. It could just be that Paradise Poker is not popular with some affiliates, whilst PokerX.com is not popular with another....

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-23-2006, 12:43 PM
psmoney psmoney is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 442
Default

I know for a fact that paradise does not track player accounts properly either because I had a friend sign up through my link and contacted paradise to notify them and they said it was not tracked through my link even though I was sitting there refreshing my stats and the downloads went up literally 5 min after he did it. Maybe it was a coincidence maybe not, but regardless when I talked to paradise about it they said it was not tracked through my link so initially i thought maybe he had click on somebody elses link weeks before and it was saved in his cookies, but paradise claims nobody received credit for him. All in all, I have no need to complain any more because I just refuse to promote them all together.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paradise refused to pay my CPA players dongying General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 11-26-2006 07:23 PM
Paradise announcement DealerDan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-12-2006 03:30 PM
Conquest of Paradise Island Stephen ParadisePoker.com 0 01-17-2006 06:32 AM
Win on the Paradise Gift Tree Stephen ParadisePoker.com 2 12-16-2005 02:20 PM
Should I give up on Paradise? ClarkePromotions General Poker Affiliate Discussion 21 08-27-2005 03:11 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0