News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-23-2006, 09:57 PM
dongying dongying is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 18
Default Paradise refused to pay my CPA players

I have brought 3 CPA player to Paradise on October, but paradise refused to pay me and told me that my players value are low and i am moved to revenue share. i thought that they can only do this for my future players, they should pay me for my October players.

Any one experience this same problem with Paradise?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-23-2006, 10:40 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 891
Default

Now that Stephen is gone...it is Toilet Poker.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,866
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

No they do not have to pay you on those 3. Although it would be nice if they did, what if those 3 were actually 300. The fundamental problem with CPA for card rooms is that typically the CPA is much higher than the rake generated in the minimum hand requirement.

Because of this the amount of CPA fraud that takes place by rogue affiliates is very high. For example I can get $300 CPA's at a few rooms. I suppose I could make (5) $50 transfers into my friends neteller accounts and then tell them to follow my link and play at least 250 raked hands at the micro-limits so they don't go broke. Then 30 days later POW, I just made $1500 in CPA from the poker site, where these players probably raked less than $100 collectively.

I think any aff. manager will tell you this happens all the time from affiliates on CPA. Now I'm not saying that is what you did dongying, but if all 3 of your players barely generated any rake or only played the minimum hand requirement and then cashed out, it probably threw up some red flags.

Hope that helps
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2006, 07:47 PM
dongying dongying is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 18
Default

this not the case. i brought new players to the door, i am done my work. and i should get paid as long as my players meet the cpa requirment. it is not my job to keep them playing.

i am not sure if there is an affiliate who will transfer their own money to friend in order to get CPA, that is even too risk.that is the first time that heard.

so i will remove paradise banner from my site.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-24-2006, 07:51 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 891
Default

Again, this brings up the issue of a "CLEAR CUT CONTRACT" in terms of requirements, etc...

I am not sure what Paradise's terms are...I thought they were 250 raked hands at 50c/$1 or above.

Did they meet those terms?

I know when Stephen was around he allowed CPA when those requirements were not met so long as they played like 500+ hands at lower limits.

Talk to your AM.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongying
this not the case. i brought new players to the door, i am done my work. and i should get paid as long as my players meet the cpa requirment. it is not my job to keep them playing.

i am not sure if there is an affiliate who will transfer their own money to friend in order to get CPA, that is even too risk.that is the first time that heard.

so i will remove paradise banner from my site.
While it is always a difficult decision to remove CPA from an affiliate, sometimes this decision is and will continue to be taken if the company believes that the Players are not necessarily at the poker site for good. While it is never your responsibility to "keep them playing", however, if they play until the CPA requirements are met and leave, the company would have no hesitation in removing the CPA.

Over my time at Paradise I was fortunate not to remove too many CPA commissions. Unfortunately, it happens - and provided they are genuine, long term you will make your money Dongying.

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,866
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I concur with Stephen 100% on this. If we are talking about only 3 players and if they are genuine players you sent to Paradise, you will make a boat load more in mgr anyways.

I thought about going CPA with Paradise almost a year ago, and looking at my blackjack revenue I am verry happy I didn't. I have a few guys literally have made me thousands in the last year.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
US Players Stephen ParadisePoker.com - Paradise Affiliates 4 10-16-2006 05:26 PM
I cant believe paradise is banning US players USAPokerListings General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-14-2006 10:36 PM
Paradise announcement DealerDan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-12-2006 03:30 PM
Paradise, lots of players? kksuited General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 10-20-2005 10:09 PM
Did you send me this? Joe General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 04-28-2005 05:17 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0