Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions

Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions Discuss your Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-02-2006, 07:07 PM
fub fub is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17
Default

I've been reading and searching loads here mainly about offline marketing, as thats the way i'm thinking of going if i start up.

I've seem lots of good ideas and people saying what they are planning to do or have done in the past, but little detail about the results.

What level of interest do you get back from using business cards, stickers and fliers. Has anyone had success with CD's, newspaper ads or mail shots.

Obviously i know it will depend on how you pick your target, 50 cards taken at a poker night in a bar would get better results than leaving 100's of fliers on random cars, but are there any ballpark figures around?

1 sign up for every night or week of leafleting?
1 sign up for every 1000 or 10000 fliers?
If i could make 2000 CD's for nothing (which i can't) and posted them through every letter box i could find would anyone sign up?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-02-2006, 11:05 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 627
Default

I'm sure that you can see some results from offline marketing and I probably should increase mine at some point, but it just feels too much like a real job if I do it offline. Getting paid to make websites and write about poker is cool enough for me. :P
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,078
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stillshadow@Feb 2 2006, 11:05 PM
I'm sure that you can see some results from offline marketing and I probably should increase mine at some point, but it just feels too much like a real job if I do it offline. Getting paid to make websites and write about poker is cool enough for me. :P
For me I am just concerned about the legalities , but I agree their is so much promotion you can do online that you can't really run out of ways to promote.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-03-2006, 05:43 AM
fub fub is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stillshadow@Feb 2 2006, 11:05 PM
I'm sure that you can see some results from offline marketing and I probably should increase mine at some point, but it just feels too much like a real job if I do it offline. Getting paid to make websites and write about poker is cool enough for me. :P
I do agree that offline does seem more like hard work, and building a good online set up can be done without leaving the house (which is nice).

But my thinking was to get a running start with a big offline campaign (but again without leaving the house).

Has anyone ever taken on people to be promoters for them?
So they would be un-official sub affiliates, I give them the tools to promote however they want to in their local area, and i pay them cash in hand whenever they get a sign up.
I'm sure a few local ads for cash in hand work paying $70 a sign up would get some interest.
That way i can get some players to increase my CPA or revenue share deal, so when i start online i'm getting more for each new player.

Want do you think, never gonna happen?

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Moving to the new Offline Marketing forum.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-05-2006, 06:03 AM
sportznuts sportznuts is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 214
Default

Corpfan1 has said he gets anywhere from 4 to 20 signups (I assume real money signups) from putting stickers with his url/bonus code on it all around a sports venue, ie a stadium. He says he spends about 45 minutes putting these stickers on bathroom stalls, phone booths.

I think with stickers, they have a much better chance of sticking around, excuse the pun, giving more people a chance to see it.

I didn't question it too much, I went out and bought 1,000 2" x 4" mailing labels I can feed through my printer for only $20 at Staples.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-05-2006, 12:06 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,441
Default

That is exactly what I did....way to go Staples! LOL
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-05-2006, 12:23 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

Just curious, how do you set your printer to print on labels like that? Sorry if it is a stupid question...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-05-2006, 02:11 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Yes details on the exact label and software you use to print them...
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-05-2006, 03:10 PM
fub fub is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17
Default

Thanks for your comments,

At the moment i'm just trying to get a few CPA sign ups to get me started. Do you think having your own URL on the stickers/cards helps a great deal.
I was going to use standard offers and graphics from the poker rooms (maybe a few branded to the niches i'm looking at) and just put my bonus codes on them. Then hit the streets, stadiums, bars etc. with them.

Cheers
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Offline Marketing kaus New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 12-20-2006 09:55 PM
The Seasons of Offline Marketing Julia Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions 0 08-04-2006 09:35 AM
is offline marketing legal in us? mhossa Offline Poker Affiliate Promotions 2 06-15-2006 02:00 PM
Offline versus Online Marketing Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 07-30-2005 07:36 AM
A post on offline marketing Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 05-09-2005 01:26 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0