Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-29-2007, 07:08 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 675
Default

Great points PPP

This makes me realize why I have very few Stars and Party sign ups and am always amazed seeing the affiliates with tons of them. My sites appeal to experienced players.

With that said I've only had trouble getting sign ups at the top two. I've had no problem getting good conversions at #3-#10- Pacific, Bodog, FTP, AP, UB etc.

The small sites don't convert well for me at all. For all the small sites I promoted I got lucky two time: Everest and Cake. All of a sudden Everest got big and Cake formed a Network and we already had good serps for these sites when it was happening. With Everest all of a sudden payment showed up up so I logged in and found 15 players. I had to go look to see what I site I even was promoting them at. Same type of thing happened at Cake and we were not even an affiliate. We sold a text link to a Cake affiliate and it was on a rakeback site. All of a sudden our search logs were showing several clicks per week for Cake Rakeback.

I've tried promoting many other small sites with little to show for it, Examples: True, Poker4ever, Planet, GamesGrid, Naked Poker, TonyG, Bugsys Club, Poker World, the old Poker Host....add 10 more names..
It is possible to get lucky promoting the small rooms but I guess it really just depends on the niche.

Another point is that unless your site is something like unknown poker that provides info on the lesser known rooms or has some type of theme to justify not linking to the major rooms it I would think the site would lose some credibility amongst even semi experienced players who only see adds to poker rooms they've never heard of.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-30-2007, 02:59 PM
BonusDepot BonusDepot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 37
Default

With that all being said I guess I'll promote the big Guns once again.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This Forum has some great INFO It's Worth the look Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 8 05-31-2007 10:37 AM
Is It Going To Be Worth It Anymore? freydaddy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-03-2006 12:04 PM
How much is a banner ad worth on my site ? scrawnybob General Poker Affiliate Discussion 18 08-29-2006 11:59 AM
MySpace PR - worth a damn? Georgia Poker Search Engine Optimization 11 07-03-2006 03:27 PM
how much are these poker domains worth Kyle General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 10-23-2005 10:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0