Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-2007, 04:52 PM
miguera miguera is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
Default new poker site - please review

I have a new poker site which is almost done, but I like to have some feedback from other people..

My biggest concern is that the site is to slow because of the images.. I can't see that because my internet is fast, but I like to know if anybody is experiencing problems.

this is my site: http://www.pokerbonusisland.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2007, 05:14 PM
haynesey haynesey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 576
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default

i would change the colours to a lighter tone. I find it hard to "navigate" around the site. Also it seems very "busy".
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2007, 06:53 AM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 549
Default

I agree with haynesey. Very hard to read your site. Possibly change the color scheme.

Also, I know it is alot of money if you are starting out, but having a site designed professionally is a good way to go.

I tried to go cheap on my first couple sites and now am wishing I just went with a designer and paid a little more.

Now I have delt with a sub par site design for 2 years and am going to have to pay someone to redesign and transfer the data over to a new design.

If you need a reference, check out Bobi at Top Q. He does great work.

Smackdog
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2007, 01:03 PM
freydaddy's Avatar
freydaddy freydaddy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to freydaddy Send a message via MSN to freydaddy Send a message via Yahoo to freydaddy Send a message via Skype™ to freydaddy
Default

I personally like the site, i love the theme... The only thing i would change is your color schemes, maybe go with a ocean beach scene instead of the brown....
__________________
Complete Website Designs
Custom Banner Designs

Contact Me:
MSN:
AOL: freydaddy08
Yahoo: freydaddy08
Skype: freydaddy
By Email:



Eric
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2007, 03:11 PM
miguera miguera is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9
Default

thanks for your feedback!

I have a very bright screen so I think that is the problem with the colors.
I have changed my colorscene a bit and made the colors brighter.
(only the homepage for now)

Is it better navigatable now?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-28-2007, 08:48 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Myself personally here is what I would do,you have two ads that relate to the same thing side by side($75 free at Party) I would get rid off one as the second is taking up valuable space. I would also bump your blog for the road to 100K as this catches people's attention and will make them want to read some of it. Where it is right now you can not see it till you scroll down.

As far as the images behind the tables I would probably go with something more subtle. It seems busy.

Overall a really nice idea and I like the 100K blog.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 08:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0