Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Rex Rex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 32
Send a message via AIM to Rex
Exclamation Check this puppy out!

Ok now give me your true input on what it needs and what it doesn't need.

ThePokerLounge.org
__________________
ThePokerLounge.org
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 993
Default

I think the site is clean, well laid out. However, how are you driving traffic to the site? There are a million poker forums out there so I'd suggest doing something to put yourself ahead of the pack. Freerolls are bad idea in my opinion as you'll get freeroll whores who will add zero value to your forum. You gotta think outta the box and make people want to join and participate in the forum.

In my old forum, I gave away tourney chips based on post count and content. You can get a plug in for Vb that will track this for you. Maybe try something along those lines and open a store where they can spend the chips. I know www.chip-talk.net does this.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2006, 11:40 AM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 442
Default

I agree with Georgia your site is very clean and well designed, but how are you driving traffic and how are you monetizing your traffic?
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Rex Rex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 32
Send a message via AIM to Rex
Default

A good bit of the traffic comes from google for various terms, and the other 30% of from other areas that I promote on.

right now the site is doing around 100+uniques a day which isn't terrible for a new site but when I bought the site a few weeks back it was dead so I'm trying to pump up the activity a bit.

as far as monetizing I'm just now getting into that have signed up with FullTilt to just to see what kind of impression/CTR that I may get from it.

So things are really still in the beginning stages.

But thanks again for the comments and keep em coming!
__________________
ThePokerLounge.org
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2006, 11:50 AM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 442
Default

Full Tilt is a great room to promote, and I think you will have success with that ad, and once you get some stats from that expand you advertising base, so your traffic is not going to waste because most people that come to your site are not going to ever visit it again on a regular basis, so try to capture them in anyway possible.

Just my 2 cents and I like what you have done so far.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Rex Rex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 32
Send a message via AIM to Rex
Default

Thanks for the .02 . I've been in the forum business for some time and have a few forums over the 500k post range so capturing the audience is always what it's about but I'm beginning to think the poker arena is a bit more difficult to do so.

But I'll just keep plugging along I guess. hehe
__________________
ThePokerLounge.org
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2006, 11:54 AM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 442
Default

Yes, but you have a poker video section and I dont think this is a common area in poker forums so if you could expand on this section and really include alot of videos you cannot find elsewhere, and maybe add strategy video's.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Rex Rex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 32
Send a message via AIM to Rex
Default

Yah. def. working on that
__________________
ThePokerLounge.org
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2006, 12:46 PM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 442
Default

I think a good idea for this section would be to find a way to video all of the major online tournament final tables and add in commentary. I really enjoyed this feature pokerstars added into the WCOOP events this year.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
check stats on fulltilt? kuzma General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 11-11-2006 08:25 PM
Want $50 check mailed to you for nothing? Check this out! anasta83 The Spam Forum 0 07-24-2006 10:42 PM
Lost comission check ?? How does Pokerroom handel epsilionflow PokerRoom.com - PokerAffiliate.com 1 05-16-2006 12:41 PM
Check this out before it goes away CasinoMack General Poker Affiliate Discussion 15 02-07-2006 10:33 AM
Party Poker vs. Check N Raise Poker? Which one? corpfan1 The Spam Forum 2 02-12-2005 12:41 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0