Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-24-2006, 08:32 PM
hyacinthgirl hyacinthgirl is offline
rakedrop.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 159
Default Making a link skip to a certain section on a new page

Let's say I have a page set up where you can click on the following options:

Site A
Site B
Site C

I want to set it up so that all three are linked to the same page, but a different section. Hypothetically we'll say they link to a review page with reviews of Sites A to Z. How would I properly format the link? I know it involves the #, but I'm not exactly sure if I have it right. And they're all in the same directory.

So if the link looked like this to get to the entire review page:
"a href=review.html"

how would I make it go to a certain spot on the review page?

I don't even know how I would search for this Hope it's not a stupid question.
__________________
*Get up to 50% Rakeback!* *Looking for a Poker Bonus?*
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Squigley Squigley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 105
Default

Hi.

The html code is this;

a href="#A"
then A then /a

That makes the 'clickable' link. Then you put
a name="A"
at the part of the page you want to go to.

I hope that makes sense to you. The html parts are between brackets, with the letter A as the anchor text.

You could search for 'html name link syntax'
__________________
Poker Bonuses | No Deposit Poker | Poker Directory
Free Online Poker | Poker Review | Best Casino Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Squigley Squigley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 105
Default

Of course, having posted that, I see it doesn't answer your question.

The html is
a href=page.html#specific-part

and use
a name="specific-part"
where that part of the page is.
__________________
Poker Bonuses | No Deposit Poker | Poker Directory
Free Online Poker | Poker Review | Best Casino Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2006, 09:10 PM
hyacinthgirl hyacinthgirl is offline
rakedrop.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 159
Default

Thanks! So I put the name="specific-part" right above the part, right? Lol... so articulate of me. That looks like exactly what I'm looking for, though.
__________________
*Get up to 50% Rakeback!* *Looking for a Poker Bonus?*
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Squigley Squigley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 105
Default

Lol.

Yes, you put the name bit where you want to go on the page. You can use a closing /a tag as well. It won't show on the page unless you put some text between the tags.
__________________
Poker Bonuses | No Deposit Poker | Poker Directory
Free Online Poker | Poker Review | Best Casino Bonus
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PR3 Link exchange - Front page to Front page Pokerhunt The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 03-02-2007 05:34 AM
Homepage and inside Link Section link exchange wanted- Christmas present!! epsilionflow The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 12-03-2006 03:55 AM
pr>=4 homepage link, Pr=3 page link topcasino The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 11-29-2006 09:40 PM
Link Partners wanted for Poker-Link section epsilionflow The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-28-2006 08:04 AM
Link Guidlines stevencachia The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 07:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0