Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-24-2006, 06:58 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,414
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default submitting URL

I know this may sound like a really stupid question but when I submit my site into say google should I be changing the URL to specific pages on my site? What I mean is for example I am wanting to get a league up and running however I am submitting it as an International Poker League , so when I discribe some of this in the description of my site to google, should I just submit my URL or should I be submitting it with that specific link. It makes more sense to specify it but does it really matter that much. Hope someone understands this
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus
I know this may sound like a really stupid question but when I submit my site into say google should I be changing the URL to specific pages on my site? What I mean is for example I am wanting to get a league up and running however I am submitting it as an International Poker League , so when I discribe some of this in the description of my site to google, should I just submit my URL or should I be submitting it with that specific link. It makes more sense to specify it but does it really matter that much. Hope someone understands this
Hi Kaus,

I have heard bad things about submitting your site to google. Not sure how real they are, but if you want to get listed quickly on google either create a "somewhat" spam post on craigslist classifieds or a similar site, or submit your site to some directories. Hopefully the spiders will crawl these pages and get you listed quickly. I learned the hard way. When I first started it took me like 1 month to get listed in google, and I think that was because I submitted my site to google and didn't focus on link building. Also be sure to submit a sitemap to google. Use the search feature on PAW to learn more about sitemaps.

Best of luck,

Graham
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Squigley Squigley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 103
Default

Yeah, I habe heard that submitting to google is bad, too.

You could put your url in your signature on here, which might help.

If you still want to submit to google, I think you can submit the main page, and then submit other pages .
__________________
Poker Bonuses | No Deposit Poker | Poker Directory
Free Online Poker | Poker Review | Best Casino Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2006, 09:51 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,292
Default

You know there is all this talk about submitting your site to Google being the worst way to get it listed. This is false.

There are other reasons these sites don't get listed. While there are better ways to get listed faster, submitting a site is fine.

I have a site that was 3 months old that was sublitted to Google and Google only and with a few link trades and some effort of updating sitemaps I was at a PR3 within 3 months. (First Update)

There are reasons why people get in this so called "sandbox" but it's not from submitting your site. You just need to read up on some good SEO and get some links.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-24-2006, 10:50 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,414
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Thanks for the advice, I have been trying to read as much as I can. There is so many opinons on what to do what not to do. I made a huge error when first submitted my site.It did get picked up by google and yahoo however being the very new kid on the block I did not want everyone to see everything on my forum so I clicked the option requiring all guests to register and login which ment thats what the spiders saw...and picked up. So now I am searching for as much info about search engines and what appeals to them.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-24-2006, 10:55 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,670
Default

What/where exactly are you talking about "submitting" to?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-24-2006, 11:19 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,414
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/submit
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-25-2006, 02:09 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,670
Default

That is for Yahoo, not Google.

But the basic answer to your questions is just get links to your site and the search engines will crawl it
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-25-2006, 02:37 PM
CoolDog CoolDog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 186
Default

The best way to submit a site to the major search engines is to have a link on one of your existing indexed pages or get your site linked from someone else’s indexed site. I get indexed in as fast as three days, but usually takes less than a week.

Within four days my site was listed in Google, Yahoo!, and MSN.

Just make sure to have a sitemap linked from all your pages.

CoolDog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free PR5 Poker Directory Links PokerProp The Poker Affiliate Exchange 18 01-15-2007 07:39 PM
Ezine Articles El_Maximo General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 03-09-2005 01:59 PM
Submitting your site to search engines OFT1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 02-08-2005 11:09 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0