News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 949
Default Mike Matusow blog extreme makeover

This is the first mock-up of the redesign I'm having done for the Matusow blog. Traffic is picking up nicely since moving to top 5 on google

I told the designer I'm looking for a "cartoonish, whimsical theme" since Matusow is, well "cartoonish"

Brutal feedback is appreciated because I want this to look right before I pay. I already have a few things in mind to change but I want fresh/unbiased people to look at this and provide feedback.

You can view the mock-up http://wildblog3.blogspot.com/
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-08-2006, 09:19 PM
hyacinthgirl hyacinthgirl is offline
rakedrop.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 158
Default

I like it, the little mouth with legs made me laugh. My boyfriend said he thought it should be black and red, because "Full Tilt is so black and red." I think he strongly links the the Mouth and FTP, though... but he is probably a good indicator of the average guy's perspective of the page.

I think the three-column layout looks nice, as well. I also am on the fence about the color scheme. I think it's all right, but something about it seems not quite right. I'm sure that's exactly the sort of constructive feedback you're seeking.

Overall though, I think it's got a nice look and feel.
__________________
*Get up to 50% Rakeback!* *Looking for a Poker Bonus?*
*Get $50 for your Poker Bankroll
!* *Want to be a Poker Prop
?*
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-08-2006, 09:28 PM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New To The Midwest...
Posts: 777
Default

The logos and images are great. I love the "mouth"

The only thing I saw that I might change would be to make the borders rounded off instead of squared. I like rounded blogs. Seems to be easier to read. Just my 2 pesos though.

Other wise looking really good
__________________
Just waiting for my next big idea...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-09-2006, 06:47 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 949
Default

Thanks for the feedback so far! Keep 'em coming.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 883
Send a message via MSN to Kyle
Default

Didn't load at all for me, just a bunch of broken links. I'm using firefox.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Aidan Aidan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle
Didn't load at all for me, just a bunch of broken links. I'm using firefox.

Same here, I'm on Opera.
__________________
  • Need Poker Rakeback ? Want a Free Bankroll ?
  • Poker entertainment: poker babes and poker videos
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2006, 08:04 AM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 374
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

Same here, no loading, in Firefox.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-09-2006, 09:28 AM
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 341
Default

loads fine in IE.

I like the layout - not totally crazy about the legs on the mouth... I like the idea of the mouth, i just think it should be smaller and you should add in a larger version of the Full Tilt Mike Matusow Avatar in the header somewhere... I like it tho!
__________________
J S

Poker League Software - Easily create and update a leaderboard for your league!

Learn to Deal Poker like a Pro - an online training course for poker dealers.

Poker Directory - list your quality poker site.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-09-2006, 09:52 AM
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New To The Midwest...
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indieangler
Same here, no loading, in Firefox.

I'm using Firefox and loads fone for me
__________________
Just waiting for my next big idea...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-09-2006, 10:14 AM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 374
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

Looks like it was just under construction, it's working now. However, I really liked the simple look of your current blog better than this design.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mike Matusow Goes Broke Online Then Begs For Money Bryan General Poker Chat 8 10-18-2006 05:59 PM
Mike Matusow and his thoughts on the Gambling Ban Georgia Poker General Poker Chat 0 10-07-2006 12:18 PM
Selling the Matusow Blog Georgia Poker The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 10-02-2006 08:37 PM
free links (exchange) on PR4 poker blog scrawnybob The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 09-03-2006 05:06 PM
High Stakes - Blog SuperAffiliate New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 6 08-02-2006 01:08 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0