Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-14-2006, 06:02 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,041
Default Site Review Again Please - 4th Design

Hi Everyone. I have spent quite a bit of time updating the site to a new look. Can everyone please provide me with some feedback on the newest design.

You can access the site here: BankrollBoost.com

Any criticism is more than welcome.

Note, there will be lots more content coming soon, and the blog will get going shortly.

Thanks in advance!

Graham

* edit... I know about the HR tags not aligning properly in some of the places on a couple pages. I am looking into a way to correct it. Unfortunately it was such a minor detail that I went ahead and launched the new design anyway.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-14-2006, 06:33 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Default

Your site looks killer bro. Really Really nice. I do have a couple of things you might want to consider. First, I think you might want to consider making the blog as part of your website like http://tonyg.pokerworks.com/. What this will do is give you free backlinks everytime you make a post. And it will look much better and have the feel of the website. I have someone that did mine for $60-$70 bucks on getafreelancer if your interested. I can pass her name on to you. And the other thing I want to mention is on the right where you have poker bonus info with reviews, all of those links point to the same 1 page review site and I think you leave yourself open to have 10 links in a row all to the same page as looking spammy to the search engines. I did see that you are working on all your detailed reviews for each site, I would update those asap when you have those pages up instead of having 10 links in a row pointing to the same page. But I am no expert so you may have nothing to worry about it. I just thought I would mention it.

I noticed you are not using a template for your site like the feature dreamweaver offers. That is too bad, it makes updating the main pages a piece of cake. For example, when you get the hollywood poker review done, instead of going to each page and pointing the link to the new page, you can do it in one shot with a template. I know you want to grow your site into something big, and it would behoove you to figure out how to make the standard template page, so you can make global changes to your site with a few clicks. Its really easy, and if you use dreamweaver I would be happy to walk you through it.

But nice work man. Very impressive.

Peace
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-14-2006, 06:45 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,041
Default

Offyourface, once again you have provided me with a great review. I really appreciate you taking the time and all the kind words. Most of this redesign motivation has probably been an indirect result from your feedback on my last review and the success it provided me. I will definetly owe you a few beers if you are in Amsterdam for the next convention that I go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offyourface
Your site looks killer bro. Really Really nice. I do have a couple of things you might want to consider. First, I think you might want to consider making the blog as part of your website like http://tonyg.pokerworks.com/. What this will do is give you free backlinks everytime you make a post. And it will look much better and have the feel of the website. I have someone that did mine for $60-$70 bucks on getafreelancer if your interested. I can pass her name on to you.
I have thought about that, and am considering doing another site that is more focused on the blog. I think I will keep this one this way for now, but it may be something to consider very shortly. Great idea! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by offyourface
And the other thing I want to mention is on the right where you have poker bonus info with reviews, all of those links point to the same 1 page review site and I think you leave yourself open to have 10 links in a row all to the same page as looking spammy to the search engines. I did see that you are working on all your detailed reviews for each site, I would update those asap when you have those pages up instead of having 10 links in a row pointing to the same page. But I am no expert so you may have nothing to worry about it. I just thought I would mention it.
It is definetly on the way very shortly. The reviews are just in their final process and will be up in the next couple days. Couldn't agree more. Also same thing goes for the video links on the homepage. They will all be fully functional shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offyourface
I noticed you are not using a template for your site like the feature dreamweaver offers. That is too bad, it makes updating the main pages a piece of cake. For example, when you get the hollywood poker review done, instead of going to each page and pointing the link to the new page, you can do it in one shot with a template. I know you want to grow your site into something big, and it would behoove you to figure out how to make the standard template page, so you can make global changes to your site with a few clicks. Its really easy, and if you use dreamweaver I would be happy to walk you through it.
I already have it set up with PHP so the rightbar only has to be updated in one place. Is that what you mean?
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,041
Default

Also, I have to give credit to Alance on the great design work they did. It was inspired by this thread:

http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/f...-referals.html

If you use them based on my design, let me know. If you want to talk to me on MSN about the process for the design, I can help out that way also. Just send me a PM, or my MSN details are in my profile.

Alance (Kundan and Kishore), Great job guys! You guys are awsome!
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-14-2006, 07:12 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Default

I havent learned php so your a step ahead of me. And I didnt learn about the template feature of Dreamweaver until late in the game, and it would have saved me a bunch of time that I could have better spent on marketing or something. I felt like an idiot after I learned about it, because I would spend an hour updating all my pages for just a few links. I must have gone through that 100 times lol. One thing is for sure is when you have a nice design, it just makes the game a whole lot more fun doesn't it? And yes, can I get a shout out for my pimps in india. They've got to be the coolest guys in the world. And I have been suprised by their business savvy. They are really in tune with how to please their customers and it is really a pleasant experience dealing with them. Now that you have the nice design Grahm which is important, you are ready to move up to the next level. Keep writing tons of content and get up to several hundred pages, learn more about seo and you will be pimping like the rest of the big players. Im not there yet, but like you I'm getting there.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-14-2006, 07:17 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offyourface
I havent learned php so your a step ahead of me. And I didnt learn about the template feature of Dreamweaver until late in the game, and it would have saved me a bunch of time that I could have better spent on marketing or something. I felt like an idiot after I learned about it, because I would spend an hour updating all my pages for just a few links. I must have gone through that 100 times lol.
I have been there. Converting everything over to this new design was a challenge and a half. Almost everything had to be changed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offyourface
Now that you have the nice design Grahm which is important, you are ready to move up to the next level. Keep writing tons of content and get up to several hundred pages, learn more about seo and you will be pimping like the rest of the big players. Im not there yet, but like you I'm getting there.
Thanks again. Yea, I am working on the content now. Having the design that is much easier to update makes it a lot better. I am also learning a lot about SEO as I go along. Hopefully we will both be there. PM me if you want to do a link swap or anything. Heck, I'll even give you the free link.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-14-2006, 12:47 PM
greview greview is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 61
Default

I really like the new design. The site looks very, very good. Great job!
__________________
http://www.poker-portal.info
http://onlinepokerblog.wordpress.com
http://www.online-earners.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-14-2006, 01:26 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

I love it. Those guys do such great work. Everytime I see a desing by them I'm just like WOW!

That is really something. Now I'm jelous and think your desing is better than mine. These guys one up them selves everytime.

Looks great Graham
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-14-2006, 01:28 PM
alance alance is offline
JMSCasino.com
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 118
Send a message via MSN to alance Send a message via Yahoo to alance Send a message via Skype™ to alance
Default

Hi
i dont know how to thanks to all of u...
i really appreciate the supports which im getting from my Friends (Clients)
if any body intrested in designing or redesigning there website then pl freely PM me...
__________________
Waiting for my first Poker Affiliate Site...

Top Online Casinos || Poker Templates || Professional Web Site Templates || Design Templates
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-14-2006, 01:32 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alance
Hi
i dont know how to thanks to all of u...
i really appreciate the supports which im getting from my Friends (Clients)
if any body intrested in designing or redesigning there website then pl freely PM me...
Hey Alance. Good to hear from you. I will be contacting you soon for a site re-design. I have not had much time to do much with the last design. It will take some time.

Thanks
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Site design stolen again - what to do? dbirider General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 01-04-2007 05:06 AM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 06:07 PM
Review – PromotePoker.com – A TopQMedia Design GoodKarmaKid New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 04-20-2006 01:35 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0