Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-27-2006, 01:40 AM
hyacinthgirl hyacinthgirl is offline
rakedrop.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 158
Default Tips to make the most of my traffic?

I'm getting a lot of traffic to this page of my site. I really want to take advantage of the fact that it's a very high-traffic page for me, but I'm not sure the best way to do it. The traffic is mostly coming from SharkScope.

The only thing I've done so far is add a line to the top about "already have a pokerstars account?" with a link to our main bonus or review pages. It's just our basic review page otherwise. I feel kind of clueless about a way to really "use" the traffic. I would really appreciate any suggestions... it's only my second month of doing this, so I sometimes feel like I need all the help I could get!!!

Thanks!
__________________
*Get up to 50% Rakeback!* *Looking for a Poker Bonus?*
*Get $50 for your Poker Bankroll
!* *Want to be a Poker Prop
?*
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-27-2006, 11:01 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 607
Default

What are people looking for when they click the link to go to that page? Do they want Pokerstars information, bonus, etc?

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,073
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Quote:
What are people looking for when they click the link to go to that page? Do they want Pokerstars information, bonus, etc?
Good point Mark. This may be somewhat unconventional but depending on how they are finding your page, what about doing a redirect from that page right to pokerstars?

I know a few people who have done this successfully with web pages or even blogs if they were mostly being found for just the name of the room.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-27-2006, 04:05 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,574
Default

adfasd
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Randy Randy is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,507
Default

Some things you might do is update the "games offered" section in the review to include HORSE and Razz.

I think that rating the competition there a 4 is a little unrealistic. Most of the low limit players at PokerStars play at about the same level as low limit players on other sites.

Their loyalty program is also one of the top in the industry.

Giving these more realistic and higher ratings should improve conversions. Pokerstars offers a tiered commission structure, so the more players you send, the more you make per player.

You might also make the screenshots of the tables there also clickable links, to make it easier to refer traffic to them.

The beige links are pretty, but you might be able to increase clickthrough ratios by making your links blue and underlined. (Some internet users might not realize those are clickable links.) More clicks = more conversions = more money in your pocket.

Hope some of that is helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-28-2006, 12:54 AM
hyacinthgirl hyacinthgirl is offline
rakedrop.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Some things you might do is update the "games offered" section in the review to include HORSE and Razz.

I think that rating the competition there a 4 is a little unrealistic. Most of the low limit players at PokerStars play at about the same level as low limit players on other sites.

Their loyalty program is also one of the top in the industry.

Giving these more realistic and higher ratings should improve conversions. Pokerstars offers a tiered commission structure, so the more players you send, the more you make per player.

You might also make the screenshots of the tables there also clickable links, to make it easier to refer traffic to them.

The beige links are pretty, but you might be able to increase clickthrough ratios by making your links blue and underlined. (Some internet users might not realize those are clickable links.) More clicks = more conversions = more money in your pocket.

Hope some of that is helpful.
Thanks Randy! Those actually sound like some very good ideas. I hadn't even thought about making the links blue instead... I guess since I knew they were tan, I figured everyone would. I'll start with those changes on the stars page and then try to get them implemented on my others.

For another question... is there an easier way to make the same kind of change on my pages over and over without it being so... tedious? I use dreamweaver and would die for a shortcut. Figure there aren't any but thought I'd ask.
__________________
*Get up to 50% Rakeback!* *Looking for a Poker Bonus?*
*Get $50 for your Poker Bankroll
!* *Want to be a Poker Prop
?*
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-28-2006, 01:04 AM
hyacinthgirl hyacinthgirl is offline
rakedrop.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 158
Default

Just want to know what anyone else thinks- blue links yay, tan links nay?
__________________
*Get up to 50% Rakeback!* *Looking for a Poker Bonus?*
*Get $50 for your Poker Bankroll
!* *Want to be a Poker Prop
?*
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-28-2006, 01:29 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 144
Default

The blue links are the way to go. Internet users are acclamated to links being blue and it helps to keep things as simple as possible for the user so there is no guess work. As far as short cuts, can you be a little more specific. It looks like your already using css which you can easily change the color of your links throughout your whole site in 1 step, so I am confused by what what kind of short cuts your looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 AM
hyacinthgirl hyacinthgirl is offline
rakedrop.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 158
Default

yeah, i asked and then i realized i could do that. i guess there's not much else except for stupid little things like adding a site in alphabetical order to the bonus page without it being a pain in the ass. hehe.
__________________
*Get up to 50% Rakeback!* *Looking for a Poker Bonus?*
*Get $50 for your Poker Bankroll
!* *Want to be a Poker Prop
?*
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-28-2006, 01:41 AM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 144
Default

I have the same problem too lol, I think if you were to use a database or php to manage content, then it is a piece of cake, but when everything is done manually it is a pain. Especially when you add one that is in the abc's towards the top, then you literally have to go in and move them all down one so it it all jives. It sucks and I feel your pain.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Finally...google hits me kaus Search Engine Optimization 9 01-26-2007 11:19 AM
Website 'Stickiness' tips and News gPowell New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 09-27-2006 04:11 PM
use $5 in paypal to make quick money grind_305 The Spam Forum 0 07-21-2006 09:04 PM
Discrepency between G analytics and Cpanel Webalizer? hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 06-09-2006 04:42 PM
10 SEO Tips Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 1 09-02-2005 12:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0