Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-2006, 04:36 PM
freydaddy's Avatar
freydaddy freydaddy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to freydaddy Send a message via MSN to freydaddy Send a message via Yahoo to freydaddy Send a message via Skype™ to freydaddy
Default Load Time Issues

Hi, can anyone give me any advice on how to make my site www.pokerbonusworld.com load faster, not to experienced in that category, thanks in advance for any suggestions!
__________________
Complete Website Designs
Custom Banner Designs

Contact Me:
MSN:
AOL: freydaddy08
Yahoo: freydaddy08
Skype: freydaddy
By Email:



Eric
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-26-2006, 07:48 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Default

I am just learning myself, but I think it might behoove you to put all your styles in an external style sheet. From what I understand this is supposed to help. Your code looked like its about 274K. You may want to cut down on a few of your graphics, you probably have about 100K just in graphics. Other than that, I am clueless, but I don't fret too much over page load time as even with 274K, it still loads in a second or two with my cable modem. And although I don't know this for a fact, it would make sense to me that those players that are still on dial up are probably not good for that much in commissions. Don't get me wrong, I will take every player I can get, but it just seems to me that if a player is not willing to shell out another $20 for a faster internet, then he probably won't spend that much money playing online. Although for poker it could be a little different, I do mostly casinos so that is more what I am referring to. But regarding poker I think if they are good enough to bring in a good rake each month, they are either a good player making money at online poker or they have a lot of money, either case they would not be using a dial up except in a rare circumstance where maybe cable or dsl is not available. At any rate, anywhere that you can improve your site regarding load time, validated code ect... it just makes sense to do it, even if it is not hurting you that much, it certainly isn't helping you either.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2006, 10:36 PM
SharkScope SharkScope is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 64
Default

Just use gzip compression in apache, then you don't have to worry about optimizing your code too much and reducing its size.

Add expires and max age headers to all your local images and static content, so they get cached by visitors and their ISPs.


Steve
__________________
SharkScope.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-2006, 11:13 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 169
Default

Thanks Shark, it looks like this is definitely something worth looking into. Damn there is a lot to know to max out in this business. I wish I was a little smarter 10 years ago and went to school for all this.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-27-2006, 12:47 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

If it matters your site loaded just fine to me. I'm on wireless too and that usually slows it down. No bad. I would never think that was slow loading.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Randy Randy is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,530
Default

You might try eliminating some of the 53 images on the page. Even small images take time to load.

Using an external style sheet will reduce the size of the page too, which should also make it load faster.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Average time from free signup to first deposit? pokertipsfromthepros General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 02-14-2007 04:30 PM
Attending Conferences - Tips, Tricks and Managing your time Nick0r General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 01-11-2007 07:35 PM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 10:03 PM
Response Time / E-mail Issues? minga ActionGold.com Affiliates 2 07-31-2006 07:10 PM
Did you send me this? Joe General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 04-28-2005 06:17 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0