Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-21-2006, 12:47 PM
John M John M is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 8
Default Advertising on sites who doesn´t have anything to do with gambling or sports

I have thought about advertising on about 10 different websites. I have looked at a few sites that has about 500-1500 uniqe visitors a day. Those websites are not related to sports and gambling, but to other things. I will have to pay about 15-30$ per month for advertising on these sites. Could it be worth it?


EDIT: These are NOT sportsites as i wrote before.

Last edited by John M : 09-21-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-21-2006, 02:29 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 626
Default

As I said in the other post, I would definitely give it a shot. Maybe try it out with 1 or 2 sites first and track the effectiveness. The worst thing that happens is that you're out of $40 or something. Sometimes you have to spend money to make it.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-21-2006, 03:54 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 700
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John M
I have thought about advertising on about 10 different websites. Most of them are sportsites. I have looked at a few sites that has about 500-1500 uniqe visitors a day. Those websites are not related to sports and gambling, but to other things. I will have to pay about 15-30$ per month for advertising on these sites. Could it be worth it?
I think you are saying your looking to advertise your poker sites on sports betting related sites? (or vice versa?)
I've done this in the past with decent results. I'm not looking to do the opposite: advertise sports betting sites on poker sites. It did well when I added sports book ads on my own sites so now I'm starting to brand it out.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-21-2006, 04:48 PM
John M John M is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 8
Default

These are not bettingsites.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-23-2006, 10:06 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

We all that know that banner ads are not as affective as we would like to believe. What I do notice are the times I click a banner ad is when something totally unique catches my attention for something I am looking for. If I was looking for HTML templates and on a site and there was an add that said "Custom Templates $10" I might click it. With that in mind if I was looking to buy a car you would have to have one hell of a catchy banner to get me to sign up for a poker room.

Unrelated banners should be within the same arena. For example I may be looking up drink recipes for some cocktails and see a banner for a poker site. While they are not related they do have similarities that might attract some attention. I would choose the sites carefully and not just throw up ads on any unrelated sites.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore
We all that know that banner ads are not as affective as we would like to believe. What I do notice are the times I click a banner ad is when something totally unique catches my attention for something I am looking for. If I was looking for HTML templates and on a site and there was an add that said "Custom Templates $10" I might click it. With that in mind if I was looking to buy a car you would have to have one hell of a catchy banner to get me to sign up for a poker room.

Unrelated banners should be within the same arena. For example I may be looking up drink recipes for some cocktails and see a banner for a poker site. While they are not related they do have similarities that might attract some attention. I would choose the sites carefully and not just throw up ads on any unrelated sites.
I'd never click a banner (or text link for that matter), as I am more aware of advertising than the normal person. However, whilst banners have lower click through rates than other forms, they can still work (on the right site). As we are involved in the industry, we are not the average person, and the right banner might actually work for them as well.

I agree with Mark - this industry is about testing. One of these might just be a gem, so give it a test run, and keep going.

Just my thoughts...

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-25-2006, 10:49 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
We all that know that banner ads are not as affective as we would like to believe.
I used to think this, but recently I have found myself clicking on banners ads on non-gaming sites. If it is something you are very interested in and the banner is compelling enough, you will click on it still. At least I know I have been.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-30-2006, 07:55 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 273
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunPoker.com
I used to think this, but recently I have found myself clicking on banners ads on non-gaming sites. If it is something you are very interested in and the banner is compelling enough, you will click on it still. At least I know I have been.

Mark
It might be interesting/fun to list any recent banner ads that we've recently clicked on. Two that I can think of are the "Fart button" one, and one which looks like a video of someone getting run over by a bus. They fall down in front of it, the bus comes right at them....then it's basically a "click here to see what happens next" type deal.

Don't know what that says about me
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
John M John M is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 8
Default

I have put up 2 banners on 2 sites now. I will try this for a month now and see what result i ´ll get.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-03-2006, 03:02 AM
chern900 chern900 is offline
Rock Solid.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 58
Send a message via MSN to chern900
Default

I would think your deals would have to be very convincing and very catchy. Since these people probably do not gamble you would have to presuade them past their fear of addiction.
__________________
Cherns Gambling Blunders Blog, The Ups And Downs Of Gambling. 100% Funny.

BankrollBoost Want The Best Poker Resource Out There?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Poker / Gambling / Casino sites vxp22 The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 02-10-2007 12:34 PM
Local Paper Says Gambling Wont Slow Down adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 11-01-2006 08:01 PM
Canadians?? poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 10-04-2006 10:33 PM
Nolan Dalla on the Ban CAZ General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 10-04-2006 01:27 PM
Long but Interesting Article Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 11-16-2005 01:28 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0