News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-25-2006, 07:48 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 172
Default

Hi all

looking for feedback on a new site I've just launched (had the idea of adding content to pixel ads even before Alex tew had sold all his pixels but I am slow at getting sites done)

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com

can you give me some feedback (or maybe have a laugh) - on idea & pricing etc

The added value is -

Bigger 30x30 pixel ad blocks - normally $45 per 6 months + a FREE poker guide article space per 30x30 block purchased - write your own SEO optomized poker article with up to 5 natural links to your site in the text + 120x600 banner space with your article linked to your site + FREE poker directory link

The site will hopefully build up a big resource of poker articles and information from many ad sources which will generate increasing traffic - but to kick things off for a short period I am doing a Buy one get one Free offer

so for example $90 gets you an even bigger 60x60 block + 4 article spaces + 4 links in different sections of the poker directory

rough example of article (will have milliondollar header on ) -
http://www.milliondollarpokerguide.com/pok..._ad_example.php

poker guide sections -
http://www.milliondollarpokerguide.com/poker_guide.php

poker directory sections -
http://www.milliondollarpokerguide.c..._directory.php

Its still a bit rough round the edges but would appreciate any thoughts from aff with more experience than me - is this appealing to affiliates or a dud idea ???

cheers Rob (scrawnybob)
__________________
http://www.4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better

http://www.badbeatornot.com - Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... http://www.milliondollarpokerguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-25-2006, 03:56 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,383
Default

adfa
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2006, 02:49 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 172
Default

hi dan

thanks for your pointers - the site is a bit untidy at the moment and I will be tidying up the info text that appears at the bottom of the pages.

My main priority is to get a small amount of content up to get things going then work on promoting it - it's a bit chicken and egg - The beauty of this pixel site over others is the content

The content will be the reason for people to come and view the site and it will pick up in SERP's - the ad buyers provide the content so it will be varied and interesting because of the range of contributors / advertisers - but it is also fair - as each authors / advertisers articles are linked how they want it to there own site.

Collectively it will creat a valuable resource for readers - creating volume traffic - individually your own articles will mean that you get the traffic / click throughs that your article generates on its own merits.

In terms of free space - it will all be paid for space - NO freebies - I want to make money and I also want to be able to invest money on the site too

But I am doing discounted pixels block inc article space and directory links for a short time -

Buy One get One FREE basis for early ads - I figure that I this site will be a success and I think at $45 for 60x30 worth of blocks + 2 articles (ie up to 10 backlinks) + 2 directory links - this is a bargain even if the site is new with no PR

$45 for 6 months is nothing - so take a gamble on the future traffic knowing that the links alone (even from a PR0) are worth more than the $7.50 per month cost.

I was tempted to do freebies but to be honest PAW members are the market for the paid ads on the site - there worth a punt at these prices.

Compare what you get elsewhere

Other pixel ad sites are roughly costing $100 for a fraction of the pixel space - no backlinks / article space / own banner / directory

1-2 Backlinks from another site PR3/4 homepage $60 per month = $360 for 6 months

$45 is nothing in comparison

cheers scrawnybob
__________________
http://www.4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better

http://www.badbeatornot.com - Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... http://www.milliondollarpokerguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-26-2006, 03:05 AM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 590
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

Why are your pixels worth any value? If you can tell me and any other potential buyer, then maybe I will think about buying some. Put it this way, if my site makes say $100 a month from free adds, links ect, why would I invest $100 for a few pixels on your page? I cannot think of any, however, good luck with it.
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-26-2006, 10:23 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 172
Default

cheers - I guess your telling me the idea isn't worth anything ;-(

the way I see it any pixels ads aren't worth a great deal - maybe on some sites but on most they're not on there own - maybe some curousity traffic - but no-one is going to do an Alex Tew again with exactly the same formula.

That is the whole point of my site - yes it's a pixel site but the main reason for buying "pixels" isnt the pixels - its the article space and the backlinks in them.

I get alot of genuine requests for linking boxes / text links etc (ignoring the spammy ones) for 4kingpoker - which ok is a bit more established

Why do poker affiliates want these types of links and not just in links pages or any links at all ? I am new to all this business but I have figured out enough to know that one way incoming links from another related sites are worth something, if the links are deep, relevant & natural then more so.

milliondollarpokerguide is providing (for a very reasonable $45) poker affiliates the opportunity to write their own SEO optomised article with one way links to their site pages - these are exactly the sort of links we all want to get - so this is a way to create them yourself how you want but on a 3rd parties site ie. mine.

So once the site has a critical mass of ariticles it will do well in SERPS because it has genuine poker content - it will be useful to poker players and generate traffic which will make the links more valuable a) for SEO & B) for actual traffic clicking through to the advertisers sites -

The better the articles written by the advertiser the better their page will do for them

If milliondollarpokerguide doesn't seem like a good idea - why is anyone bothering with and paying for backlinks or submitting articles or sending out press releases to anywhere ?

I guarantee in 6 months time this site will be something aff want to be a part of - for now forget the pixel angle just think about what you could do with the article space & links - $45 is nothing

Someone on here commented a while ago - "wouldn't it be good to have some way of getting individuals poker content resources pooled to make a bigger resource and therefore generate more authority / links etc" - ie. like article syndicating but more controlled

At the time I was well into this project (having thought exactly this months ago) and bit my lip hoping I would be able get the site up before someone more able built it quicker.

The pixel homepage part is just a hook to hang the content idea on.

>Why are your pixels worth any value? If you can tell me and any other potential buyer, then >maybe I will think about buying some. Put it this way, if my site makes say $100 a month from >free adds, links ect, why would I invest $100 for a few pixels on your page? I cannot think of >any, however, good luck with it.

they (the package not just pixels) are worth it for exactly the same reason you and I can sell ad space on our sites - back links.

cheers for the feedback though - maybe I'm wrong and one way links are worth less than everyone seems to be paying for them ?

scrawnybob
__________________
http://www.4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better

http://www.badbeatornot.com - Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... http://www.milliondollarpokerguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-30-2006, 07:17 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 172
Default

from the feedback I can see that aff aren't going to jump on board the milliondollarpokerguide.com idea straight away at full price - so I'm going to offer the idea / article space etc at virtually nothing to get things started -

1 cent per pixel - min 30x30 ad (normally $45 / 5 cents per pixel) -

launch price $9 for 6 months

thats includes 1 article space with 6 backlinks (inc linked author credit) + 120x600 banner ad with article + 1 entry in directory

$9 really is nothing - if that's what it takes for affiliates to try it and get the ball rolling then you can see how it works out over 6 months for next to nothing

The offer pricing will be set to 1 cent per pixel / $9 per 30x30 package from later on today (some of the other changes & pricing info will be updated tomorrow)

cheers scrawnybob
__________________
http://www.4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better

http://www.badbeatornot.com - Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... http://www.milliondollarpokerguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 948
Default

I've read through the post here but I still don't see much detail on how you're going to drive traffic to this site. Can you provide, in detail, how you're going to drive traffic to this site?

No offense but every advertiser currently on the site... Is you.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-30-2006, 10:36 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 172
Default

hi Tod

well - and I'm probably going to get laughed at here - but my idea is that the content as a resource is what will drive traffic hopefully

from what I can make out the whole pixel business relys on hoping for novety clicks - which dont seem to happen on many of the sites - or in Alex Tew's case spending $6000 a month on PR - or buying pixels on other pixel sites - all of which doesn't afaiks suit poker affiliates targeted traffic

I don't see pixel only sites as being particularly sustainable as there isnt anything at these sites to look at beyond the pixels

My idea is (maybe niavely) is that the content if there is enough of it, of good enough quality will collectively - and thats the important bit - generate genuine poker traffic to the site from the search engines.

and I will obviously be trying to generate traffic / interest etc for the site - but to poker players / poker market - NOT unfocussed pixel sites / novelty but from marketing it to joe public as a poker content site.

Building great information resource on poker from a variety of authorative sources offering all (well hopefully alot) of the bonus / review / forums / strategy articles etc in one place

all this information will obviously be provided by the advertisers - they benefit from being part of a much bigger resource than they could write / build individually - while also getting full credit / traffic / leads etc from their articles within the resource

Yep at the moment it's only my links up - and I won't be adding anymore - I want this to be a big collection of poker information (not just a bit of mine) - The way I look at it if there are 200+ articles up there people will come and read them.

thats why we all get told content is king - the search engines love content etc

Added to that from the amount of banklink requests I get for 4kingpoker the deep links in your own optomised article are worth it in themselves - the more pages / advertisers the quicker the site will gain PR and go up in SERPS

Maybe I am looking at the value of backlinks and genuine content wrongly but the whole point of milliondollarpokerguide is not that its a pixel site - but that it hopefully will become a content / resource site which generates genuine focussed traffic for the advertisers through their articles.

I'm totally open to suggestions - but the bottom line is the more join the quicker and better it will do - which every advertiser benefits from

Cheers scrawnybob
__________________
http://www.4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better

http://www.badbeatornot.com - Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... http://www.milliondollarpokerguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
"Every day I'm hustling"
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 404
Send a message via MSN to Graham
Default

After reading through this post I have to agree with the other posters... what does buying a link on your site get them, and why are potential poker players going to land on your site first as apposed to the many other poker sites out there? I see where you are trying to go with getting content etc so that you get higher search engine results, but if you want content, why are you trying to charge people to put up content that will benefit you and your site. Don't take offense to this, but I think you need to stop being so greedy and trying to make a quick buck, and focus on getting something that will give your customers some incentive to hand over cash to you for advertisement. Also, the first thing I would say is to make the site more aesthetically pleasing. Right now it looks pretty cheap in my opinion. A nicer design would make people more willing to pay to be listed on your site. Lastly, being that you are relying entirely on Search engines is a little ridiculous. I think that if you want people to pay you need to prove to them that you are gonna hustle to get people to go to the site. Are you even getting any traffic on the site yet, other than PAW members or people from your other site???
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln

Unique advertising opportunity: MillionDollarBankroll
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-02-2006, 09:11 AM
scrawnybob scrawnybob is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 172
Default

hi graham

thanks for your thoughts - really apreciate them

maybe its a totally duff idea - probably is I guess -

The idea is that I don't benefit from the site in anyway other than selling the ad / article space - so its not me trying to generate extra money / aff rev etc for me - or being greedy - $9 x selling all the space is hardly going to make me a fortune.

The idea was that many sites don't have 10 tonnes of content nor will they on their own - so this was an idea to make something collectively bigger than one person could do - but which each contributor / advertiser would benefit from thier portion of the traffic

I think looking at the response generally - I'm very niave in thinking anyone would see the idea of co-operating yet proportionately benefiting as worthwhile.

I guess I was also optomisitic to think that people would put up 9 bucks (this was to cover costs more than anything and because the system is automated to work only completely on setting up an account - rather than me doing it on a free basis which means bypassing the whole article submission system).

My optomisitic maths suggested that if it ever filled up then the resource would have close on a 1000 articles etc - which seems to me like a hell of alot more than most sites (maybe im wrong)

It really isnt a case of me wanting content, me wanting traffic me me me

The bottom line is the idea revolves entirely around the advertiser contributing his own article and getting the traffic from his article but also being a part of something bigger.

Unfortunatley if I can't explain what I'm trying to do - which clearly I can't (which is my own fault) then the content doesn't happen and the site in the way I hoped it would evolve - won't

Greedy I'm not - optomistic maybe - but I don't see charging $9 for backlinked article etc as greedy - why should it be free ? No-one gives anything away in this business period.

traffic wise the sites been up a couple of days - design wise yep maybe it is basic - but the last thing I wanted was to create another site that looks like everyone elses - the point of the site is poker players want a rest from the hard sell - they dont want to see 8 million ads - and alot of them just want to go somewhere - one place - to read a shed load of articles on poker

when they do they see who they're by, click all the relevant deep links and hey presto the individual webmasters gain new punters

I'm not sure what to do with the site now - I don't see the point in doing free because I'm not trying to build MY site to just benefit me - I'm trying to build a collective site (for which I'm asking IMHO a marginal bit of rent).

I'm holding off doing anything else with it - because I'd rather this idea work than me just putting my own content on it - that was never the point of it.

What I cant figure out is how come my idea sucks yet people have bought into (and paid) other pixel sites offering nothing more than pixels ??

Anyway - if anyone does want to have space / articles I might do a few for free - say a 3 month slot and then you can see how it does - I cant go any cheaper than free

email me - scrawnybob @ milliondollarpokerguide.com

Cheers scrawnybob
__________________
http://www.4kingpoker.com ... don't get bitter - get better

http://www.badbeatornot.com - Poker Odds Calculator

MillionDollarPokerGuide.com ... http://www.milliondollarpokerguide.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:41 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0