Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Chriscoop Chriscoop is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2
Default

Hi All,

I new to the poker business and found this great forum. I have some experience to create websites and have also some domain name parked. I have some ideas to create a website but need your opinion regarding the domain name. I see most .com domain names and I know they are the best. I have a domain name onlinepokersite.info and it get some traffic when it is parked. Do you think can I use the .info or do I need to find a domain name with a .com in a niche market?

I enjoyed to reading everything on this forum a learned all ready a lot. I hope I can contribute to this forum.

Coop
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 629
Default

Coop,

I think a .com name is easier to remember unless it's something like best-poker-game-holdem.com or something like that. Your .info site is very easy to remember but many people may type in the .com version later.

If you are concentrating on a strong SEO campaign, I would go with the .info name. If you plan to market a unique niche and develop a community on that niche, a .com name may be more preferable.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Signs I think a player is good CataracKid General Poker Chat 14 04-30-2007 12:04 PM
Need to hire some part timers - good resources needed Georgia Poker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 09-11-2006 05:19 PM
How important is a good logo? Kestrel General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 12-22-2005 10:53 AM
Need a good graphic designer for a poster Justin General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 09-26-2005 03:39 PM
Good Sports Book Affiliate Programs sooners83 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 07-23-2005 10:40 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0