Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-16-2006, 07:32 PM
ThePokerProf ThePokerProf is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perpetual traveller
Posts: 13
Default

Hi All

Just wanted to say 'Hi'.

I'm a complete newbie to the world of running a website, fortunately I have a great programer and web-designer on my side.

I've been an online player for over 3 years and recently figured other players might benefit from my experiences/mistakes.

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone has the time to check my site and give me any tips/feedback. Don't hold back (but bear in mind it ain't half done yet!!).

I look forward to contributing and learning here.
__________________
www.thepokerprof.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-16-2006, 08:12 PM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 444
Default

great site design it looks like you used the similar table method i did when I created my website, except yours looks way better. lol. I am still learning html so i guess it will get better and better.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-16-2006, 08:25 PM
psmoney psmoney is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 444
Default

something I just noticed with your links. Make sure you put in the code so that when someone clicks a link it opens into a new window.
__________________
#1 exchange for PokerStars T$ and W$

Online Staking Community
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 471
Default

Very nice layout but I think there is a much bigger problem with your links than cfpokermoney mentioned. The whole index.php?p=x is not good for SEs (at least that's what I've learned). I'm not sure if it's because your site is still under construction, though.

-my 2cents
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2006, 06:48 PM
ThePokerProf ThePokerProf is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perpetual traveller
Posts: 13
Default

Hey guys

Thanks for the feedback, I'm very happy with the design, just working on content for the next 7348hrs it seems!

Regarding links - cfpokermoney, you mean on my links page, right? I thought they were all programmed to open up in a new page, I've just reviewed tham all again and they do....for me anyway!

poker30.net: yeah, i wondered about this. I'll dig around a little more then I think we'll be updating to be more bot friendly, though I'm hoping most bots are smart enough to figure out it's a dynamically generated page?

Thanks for your time and input guys, much appreciated.
__________________
www.thepokerprof.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-18-2006, 02:36 AM
HT0 HT0 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by poker30.net@Jan 16 2006, 09:47 PM
Very nice layout but I think there is a much bigger problem with your links than cfpokermoney mentioned. The whole index.php?p=x is not good for SEs (at least that's what I've learned). I'm not sure if it's because your site is still under construction, though.

-my 2cents
The largest search engines have no problem indexing a dynamic url if done correctly. But is is generally a good idea to keep the query strings as small as possible.

All my sites uses dynamic url's, and I have never had a problem getting indexed.

------------------------
Tips for Online Poker Room Selection
__________________
Black Jack Card Counting Strategy x Crazy Pineapple Poker
Black Jack Betting Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome to JacksNQueens.com - 65% MGR Jeremy JacksNQueens.com 9 08-20-2006 03:55 PM
Introduction from CakePoker CakeManager General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 08-17-2006 04:01 PM
Introduction Aff Manager General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 03-31-2006 06:24 AM
Sportingbet Q1 results mean Party losing market sh Stephen General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 12-04-2005 06:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0