Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Randy72560 Randy72560 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 28
Default

Well, I've about decided to try somthing completly different with my site. I'm sure I need to change my site name. I actually had no idea what I was doing when I started my site. My buddy was helping me (he picked the site name), but, we had serious problems with him stealing other people stuff. So I ended that mess. I've made some great money off my site, but I'm really not happy with it. I had no real vision when I started. Now, I know what I want.


I've been looking at website software and my buddy burned me a copy of dreamweaver, but its way over my head! I've been using the sitebuilder on tripod and I really like it, but I'm limited to what I can do as far as design. What is a good software that you don't have to be a code guru to use??

Also, I've seen mention of mentoring on here. If anyone is interested in helping, my site get about 30 unique visitors per day and I get about 1-2 new members a day. I would gladly exchange links or banners.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:27 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

what is your website?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I've always done fine with Frontpage. Helps to learn some html to clean up little pieces of code bloat here and there with it, but it's not entirely necessary.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:44 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

I'm glad you've decided to stick with the business.

By members do you mean "real money players" or "forum members"?
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-08-2006, 05:25 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy@Jan 8 2006, 01:36 PM
I've always done fine with Frontpage. Helps to learn some html to clean up little pieces of code bloat here and there with it, but it's not entirely necessary.
After trial and error period (including dreamweaver) i settled on Frontpage as having the smallest learning curve, t is pretty easy to get started using. I found answers to a lot of my intial questions at http://www.outfront.net/ , in the forums.
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-10-2006, 11:28 AM
John D's Avatar
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 445
Send a message via MSN to John D
Default

I love dreamweaver, couldn't live without it.

I haven't used frontpage in years but when I did use it I got a lot of crappy code that wasn't needed, dreamweaver adds some in too but it's not as bad and has a lot cleaner code.

I think dreamweaver is a lot more advanced though and takes a long time to get used to everything.

What's frontpage like these days?
Does it add in its own code that isn't needed?
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
My other sites: RakebackBob MyMacPoker NonStopArcade OnlineTourneys FlopOrFold GamblerRefuge
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Kestrel Kestrel is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 71
Default

I do like Dreamweaver, particuarly the design/code split screen mode. I also think it is much better at dealing with tables than Frontpage.

However, I use Frontpage because it has certain extra features, mainly the page-includes. Which after used on one page means it cannot be edited in Dreamweaver again.

I also like the preview option in Frontpage, which lets you see what the pages looks like with all the scripts included. I am not sure if there is an option like this in Dreamweaver (other than previewing in a browser).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-10-2006, 09:32 PM
John D's Avatar
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 445
Send a message via MSN to John D
Default

Quote:
However, I use Frontpage because it has certain extra features, mainly the page-includes. Which after used on one page means it cannot be edited in Dreamweaver again.
Not sure what you mean?
You dont mean the PHP include function do you?

Havent used frontpage so it might be something I dont know of
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
My other sites: RakebackBob MyMacPoker NonStopArcade OnlineTourneys FlopOrFold GamblerRefuge
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-11-2006, 07:29 AM
Kestrel Kestrel is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 71
Default

Having a rather limited knowledge of php, I can't get php includes to work on my server (even though it does support php).

The web-includes on Frontpage are similar, and almost identical to server-side includes, although completley operated and controlled by Frontpage (i.e. it edits the pages before uploading them).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time to start posting all GOOD NEWS we find! corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 01-25-2007 09:34 PM
Planetluck,PartyBingo,32 Red,Poker.com,PartyPoker Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Spam Forum 50 01-11-2007 09:57 AM
Get a free Absolute Poker account and get $100 totally free to start with Pokers911 The Spam Forum 1 09-29-2006 03:57 AM
Gotta Start Somewhere! saikaz New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 09-05-2006 11:19 PM
How do I start a private tourney on Paradise? dleeret General Poker Chat 2 09-01-2005 02:35 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0