Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Amar Amar is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 47
Default

I'm going to be getting my first domain soon for my very first affiliate site. I'm going to be concentrating on multitable poker (that's the craze and I happen to be decent at it). I plan to mainly be marketing to high school players. I'm not really asking anyone to give me a domain name, but what should I be thinking about to create more search engine hits from the get go?

Amar
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-02-2006, 01:45 PM
pokerpatduck2 pokerpatduck2 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 66
Send a message via AIM to pokerpatduck2
Default

When you say high school players you mean 18+ right? So pretty much your just going for high school seniors?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-05-2006, 10:30 AM
2ndServe 2ndServe is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 13
Default

Hey Amar,

I started in affiliate marketing about a year ago. Made alot of mistakes (still do) but I learned alot also. I jumped right into affiliate marketing with no clear cut plan and no real internet marketing experience. The first year was profitable but painful. I could have had much better results with a better strategy and some guidance. I've been skimming this site and there is a ton of experience and useful info here. There is also a lot of free information on the internet also. If I could give you any advice it would be this. Don't spend any money yet. Read everything you can about affiliate marketing. Get a mentor! Find someone on this forum or another forum who is willing to guide you. Think about what you want from affiliate marketing. Part-time income? A small business that can turn into a career? How much time are you willing to spend? What skills do you have that will help you? What skills you will need to be successful? Take the next 30-60 days to really map out what your first year plan will be. I'm the impatient type. I couldn't wait to jump into my first website. I gained alot of knowledge and experience through mistakes. If I would have taken more time to plan I'm sure I could have generate 10x more income in a shorter period of time and spent less money.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2006, 12:25 PM
coxquinn coxquinn is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 154
Default

great first post, welcome 2ndserve
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2006, 12:53 PM
2ndServe 2ndServe is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 13
Default

Thanks coxquinn. I think this thread might be useful to anyone starting a new website. researchin keyword competition . I'm in the process of researching keywords for a gambling affiliate site. This will be the first time I used this process to find a good keyword strategy. I'll post some of the research for discussion. Would be interested in hearing other experienced affiliates approach to keyword research.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yea great first post 2ndserve. Welcome to the community!


Also Amar, I think if I were going to be promoting to the high school market I would have a forum where kids can get on a chat. Look at places like Ebaums World. The amount of 16-21 year olds on the internet that love communities and forums is ridiculous and greatly outnumbers us older folks.

Although you may not make any money initially on high school players, you have to remember a senior this year will be off to college next year. Likewise if you optimize the site properly, many of your visitors won't be high schoolers. However for your younger visitors you will probably be able to capture tons of play money players and build up some brand loyalty so that when they are of age to deposit they will already be one of your players.

Also not that I endorse it, but don't be fooled there is plenty of underage gambling taking place at EVERY online poker site.

With all that said I have owned HighSchoolPoker.com for a while. Make me an offer.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Targeting high school students as a niche is a recipe for all kinds of disaster. My advice would be to find another niche.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Complete Website Designs (New Low Prices) freydaddy Web Design Q&A 21 07-02-2007 09:07 PM
PokersLegends.net – Online Poker Website Auction Cashmirrors The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 03-28-2007 05:04 PM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 10:03 PM
Website / Add-On for Sale indieangler The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 11-24-2005 10:55 AM
Website problems? tke1600 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 08-01-2005 01:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0