Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-30-2005, 08:47 AM
John D's Avatar
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 443
Send a message via MSN to John D
Default

Hey,
Did everyone do their own reviews of poker rooms?

I am working on my reviews section and I think it will take a very long time to review even a few poker rooms.

Did you try every room you reviewed?
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
My other sites: RakebackBob MyMacPoker NonStopArcade OnlineTourneys FlopOrFold GamblerRefuge
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Boogalou_007 Boogalou_007 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 55
Default

Of course we didn't! That would take work man, and work, well it just sucks.

I went to a well known poker site and copied all their reviews so I wouldn't have to put in the effort. I also like to mooch content like articles and such off of other sites.

My motto is why do the work when someone else can do it for you! I prefer, as it appears you do, to sit on my lazy fat ass and steal/and or make crap up. All that "make one page of content a day/add one link a day" that Randy likes to spout off is just garbage.









Boogalou: In a bad mood after discovering a thief using his content in the serps yesterday, yay!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-01-2005, 02:51 PM
KenWalton KenWalton is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7
Default

Wow John,

You really got jumped on there!!

Maybe what John was wondering is if there is a legal and ethical way to get site reviews. Maybe like the poker sponsor themselves offering reviews in the affiliate section. That may not be the best review, but it's something to start with.

Good Luck John,


KenWalton
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I wrote every poker review myself for UnknownPoker.com, and I only reviewed poker rooms I've actually played at. I've got several poker rooms on my "to review" list that I haven't gotten around to playing at yet.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-01-2005, 11:33 PM
stillshadow stillshadow is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 627
Default

Ya, I'm with Randy. I only review sites that I've played at to give my visitors actual personal experience. I used to "poker site hop" with my winnings, so it wasn't too hard to review a lot of sites.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Godfather Godfather is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 289
Default

Greetings

I just must put my input on this matter. Now when you steal other sites reviews
and articles, you are only harming your self in the long run. All your visitors want
from your site is UNIQUE content. Now do the following:

1. Check 10 reviews of party poker from diffrent sites.
2. Write down all the stuff in those 10 reviews that agree with each other, this way
you can be sure that the information is correct.
3. Next visit party poker, download, register and start playing for sometime, get
your own inpressions of the room and write a short review.
4. Mix the facts from the 10 sites with the impression you got. Trust me this is the
only way to save time and have unique content.

GodFather
__________________
GodFather
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:56 PM
CasinoMack CasinoMack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 376
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by John D@Sep 30 2005, 07:47 AM
Hey,
Did everyone do their own reviews of poker rooms?

I am working on my reviews section and I think it will take a very long time to review even a few poker rooms.

Did you try every room you reviewed?
Most do not even play at the rooms they review. I only comment/review the rooms that I have downloaded and played at.

I have a bunch of "todo's" also, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,061
Default

Some affiliaite programs have reviews in the marketing tools section, check there first
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ppokyh@Oct 10 2005, 07:35 PM
Some affiliaite programs have reviews in the marketing tools section, check there first
Only use the reviews in the marketing section of the affiliate program if you don't want very good search engine rankings for your review pages.

Duplicate content is frowned on by all search engines, and it certainly doesn't provide any value to your website traffic.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quality Gambling Content (Reviews, Articles, etc.) JohnV The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 03-26-2007 07:03 PM
New Site - Reviews Would Be Great ThePokerBank New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 03-08-2007 08:21 PM
Poker room reviews omahalovers Web Design Q&A 2 02-03-2007 11:44 AM
Poker Reviews JohnV The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 01-10-2007 06:01 PM
need some reviews written AceKicker The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 06-20-2006 06:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0