Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Mosey Mosey is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10
Default Does design matter?

I see a lot of posts asking for design/html advice, CSS advice, etc.

Does design matter? I mean, the idea is to get people, and keep them at your site, if lucky they come back over and over and over and eventually think of you when they sign up, isn't it?

I know there is also the 'quick hit" someone looking for make a big bonus and the SEO work pays off when someone searched "rakeback bonus" or something.

Either way, does the design really matter once you are better than your average geocities page? Not trying to discourage people from designing well, more of a curosity. Design costs money, money that could be spent elsewhere.

Do people really sign up because a site looks slick if the content is bunk?

I might be the one that has it backwards though.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 944
Default

If I were looking for a bonus code for some poker room I would not take it from a "link farm" or a site that doesn't look good. So yes design matters for me at least. I guess alot of other visitors and poker players agrees.

A nice looking site looks more trustworthy
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-2007, 02:23 PM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 631
Default

I think design is important. Me personally, if I go to a site that looks unprofessional or some type of spammy looking site, I am less likely to buy from it, even if it has the information I like. I suppose it's different for everyone but I think design is important.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Mosey Mosey is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahh View Post
I would not take it from a "link farm" or a site that doesn't look good.
I don't mean don't spend any time on design, it shouldn't look like "make money fast" but once you have "good" isn't money and time better spent on content.

I see so many questions on design and CSS flow, and for most sites the "catch" and "content" seem like what should be focused on.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
BryanHauer.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 432
Send a message via AIM to Bryan Send a message via Yahoo to Bryan
Default

Simply put its should be a combination of both design and content/seo. If you're looking for someone to put a % on the importance my personal view would be...

Design - 30-35%
Content/SEO - 65-70%

A perfect example is the iPod. There's tons of mp3 players out there that all do the exact same thing. They allow you to add music to them and then search and play music and now sometimes video. Again, many players including Microsofts Zune does this, but then why does Apple hold 75% of the market? It's because of design, layout and simplicity oh and also marketing which also plays into design. Not because of what the product holds as they all pretty much hold the same music.

Same goes for web design. Sure there's exceptions like Craigslist, but in general users would much prefer a website or UI that's easy to look at, well thought out in terms of layout and most importantly easy to find the proper info.

So again, I think it's a combination of the two. Great content and proper seo tatics are obviously more important, but if you can combine that with a beautiful, though out design then you'll probably be even more of a hit.

Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon

And no it's not the sweet Gambling Wordpress Themes either. Also, check out my other Premium WordPress Themes!

Attention: Visit me on my news blog!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New site, high on content, low on design smackinyaup New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 13 07-26-2007 09:59 AM
Site design stolen again - what to do? dbirider General Poker Affiliate Discussion 14 01-04-2007 05:06 AM
Site Review Again Please - 4th Design Graham New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 11 10-15-2006 03:30 AM
How much to pay for Professional Web Site Design? GoodKarmaKid General Poker Affiliate Discussion 18 09-07-2005 11:33 AM
Website Design Transference The Spam Forum 4 06-01-2005 05:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0