Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-05-2007, 01:52 PM
RakeAway RakeAway is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 43
Default Two domains for one site

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a second domain, for safekeeping. I thought I might as well redirect it to my current site. When I now search for RakeAway on google, the top result is for my second domain's main page. The primary domain's index page is no longer listed.
How do I fix this?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,068
Default

It's because your site isn't even redirecting, you just made a copy of it and put it on another domain. You need to do a 301 redirect.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-05-2007, 08:35 PM
RakeAway RakeAway is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 43
Default

Thanks! Since both domains were part of the same hosting package, I pointed it to the same directory on the server. Now I have it redirect to rakeaway.com instead. Should fix it
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
3 Domains For Canadian Market & One Site JohnG The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 01-19-2007 04:13 PM
Have one site & domains for sale. JohnG The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 10-26-2006 02:16 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM
domains containing site names? pokersignup General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-19-2005 08:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0