Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:11 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 280
Default New Webspace for New Site?

Hey Guys, need a little help on this one...

I'm going to start a new site fairly soon, and I was wondering if its better to host the new site on the same space that I have my other site on, or should I buy new webspace and host it on that?

Not sure if I explained that overly well, but I think you might be able to get the idea of what I'm asking.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 701
Default

Where do you host your current site and are you happy with the hosting? If you are, then why change?
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:25 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 280
Default

I'm really happy with the hosting. Its not that I am wanting to change services, I am wondering if I should set up 2 sites on my current webspace package, or if I should get a new one for a new site. i.e pay another $10 a month for a new deal and host my site on the seperate webspace.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is online now
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 396
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

I have a reseller account at my host that allows me to host multiple domains and websites on it while paying a flat monthly fee for it all. I'm sure your host offers the same type of account/package...so I mean if it's not broke, why fix it ya know?
__________________
| AZGambler.com | Arizona's #1 Gambling Authority|

--Click here for advertising on one of the Net's RISING Poker Blogs/Forums --
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
Offline Super Affiliate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 330
Send a message via AIM to Bryan
Default

I believe what she's asking is... is there any downfall seo wise using the same ip address etc...

I've heard there is, but haven't seen enough evidence to support that. If you have enough space and bandwidth I don't see a problem with it. You might think about getting a dedicated ip address, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Bryan
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 701
Default

Pokerbank is a "he" not a "she".

I have also heard that different IPs is better but isn't that regarding the backlinks?
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
Offline Super Affiliate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 330
Send a message via AIM to Bryan
Default

LOL. Whooops.
__________________
Something Sick in the Poker Industry is Coming Very Soon
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 280
Default

Okay thanks. Yeah I was thinking about the links and seo of hosting two sites on same IP. Because if I am linking from my old site to the new one, surely the link won't have as much weight as if it was on a different IP. Afterall, Google would probably know that they are owned by the same person and give more weight to links to sites that link to the new site that could be owned by a different person/company.

And yeah, I'm a boy . I think the avatar is probably misleading.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,625
Default

Yes it is better to host very differently than an existing site, but it's not an enormous thing... unless you intend to interlink them heavily and have them share an IP. That would be unhelpful.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 188
Default

There are ways around it - my hosting setup gives me a combined web space and bandwidth allocation, however I can host up to 100 domains, all with seperate cpanels and can spread them accross 5 different servers / I.Ps in 4 different data centres.
__________________
iPokerGroup Network - Online Poker Strategy | Online Poker Freerolls | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - Increase your conversions and list up-to-date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 12:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 09:23 AM
Rakeback site possibly for sale, lets talk RBseller The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 10-17-2006 09:34 AM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 11:35 AM
21 Ways to Promote Your Site Online and Off FinRivered General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 04-10-2005 08:52 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0