Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-07-2007, 08:50 AM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 512
Default Why wont this page format on my blog?

I'm having trouble getting this page to show spaces between paragraphs:

http://www.pokersatellitecenter.com/?page_id=19

Anyone know what I need to change to get this to work. I can't figure it out.

Thanks,

Smackdog
__________________
Poker RakeBack Offers - Stop throwing your money in the muck and start earning your rake back!

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-07-2007, 09:10 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 698
Default

How does your <p> tags look like in the CSS that you are using?
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2007, 09:49 AM
GCPguy GCPguy is offline
Future Millionaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18
Default

A quick fix would be this: In your editor, go to the "code" section and throw in an extra <br> tag between paragraphs.

Wordpress normally does this for you so I'm not sure what the deal is right off hand.

Good job with the site, it's looking good.
__________________
-Kevin G

Baby Step #1 - Make first $1 as a poker affiliate
"Whether you say you can or you can't, you're right"
Biloxi Poker Tournaments

Last edited by GCPguy : 08-07-2007 at 09:50 AM. Reason: forgot something
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2007, 09:59 AM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 483
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

I wouldn't go bloating the code with too many <br />'s just to get spacing right. It's definitely probably a quick fix in the CSS of how <p> tags are formatted.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 155
Default

Current CSS:

#content {

width: 960px;

margin: 0px auto 0px;

padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;

overflow: hidden;

}



#content p {

padding-bottom: 15px 0px;

margin: 0px;

line-height: 20px;

}
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-2007, 01:52 PM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 698
Default

Try with:


#content p {

padding-bottom: 15px 0px;

margin-bottom: 20px;

line-height: 20px;

}

That should do it..
__________________
Cheap English to Swedish translations. Special deal for PAW members. Visit eng2swe.com or PM me!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 512
Default

Well, I'm using WordPress for this site and I don't know where to change the CSS.

I am looking at a page though that has proper spacing and for some reason I have this line of code between paragraphs:

<p style="margin-bottom: 0in">&nbsp;</p>

I know this is not good formatting and is a waist of space, but I don't know how to get rid of it and have my pages formatted properly.

Anyone have an idea?
__________________
Poker RakeBack Offers - Stop throwing your money in the muck and start earning your rake back!

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-07-2007, 08:23 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 512
Default

Alright!!! Thanks bahh! I finally found where to edit the CSS in Word Press. I think all is well now. Check it out. www.pokersatellitecenter.com

Thanks for the help everyone.
__________________
Poker RakeBack Offers - Stop throwing your money in the muck and start earning your rake back!

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Giving away 20 links on PR4 blog PokerManic The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 01-18-2007 12:53 AM
Unique Opportuniry - Get your own page on DeuceAce Poker Forums - Only your content John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 8 01-15-2007 08:18 AM
Post your Poker Page Info and backlinks on Smack Dog Poker SmackDog The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 01-09-2007 11:47 PM
Making a link skip to a certain section on a new page hyacinthgirl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 4 11-24-2006 08:14 PM
free links (exchange) on PR4 poker blog scrawnybob The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 09-03-2006 05:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0