Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-04-2007, 09:05 PM
pokernash pokernash is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8
Default New site, new idea, first of its kind, any thoughts ?

This site will fill a need that hits every poker player. getting stiffed on side bets while playing online. Sometimes I think its not going to work. Sometimes I think its the best idea ive ever had. It will be the only site of its kind. I never thought a site that catered to staking would work but it seems to be very succesful. I never thought alot of things would work but they do. If anyone would give me thoughts I would appreciate it. I'm launching tommorrorw if I finish all the little kinks tonight.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-04-2007, 09:07 PM
pokernash pokernash is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8
Default

http://www.pokersidebets.com http://www.pokersidebets.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-04-2007, 09:59 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

It is an interesting idea. I wanted to make one point though with part of your instructions

Quote:
  1. If the person you made a bet with does not transfer the money, you get your money back even if you lose the bet !
You may run into alot of these. I would find a way to try and prevent this, that way your customers are assured that this wont happen.

For example if I bet $40 and someone else agrees upon this but afterwards neglects to pay, how are you going to handle the complaint from the player who is right fully entitled to his winnings. Giving him back his original bet will not satisfy most players. Worse yet what if you have some serious bettors and a few complete assholes who make bets of $100. Some one skips out are you ready to pay out 3 or 4 of these a month or even a week?

Are you going to ante up side bets that fall through when players want their money?

I would also find a way to scure your site emaning you are asking for players to transfer their money to you. Speaking from the point of the average person I wouldn't do it. I dont know you and not saying that you are scamming or any BS like that but there are enough out there.

Anyone recall Payday poker and their $97 fee for getting staked.

just my honest opinon but I do wish you lots of success with it
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 07-04-2007 at 10:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

What do they bet on? ...I never make side bets while playing..just curious
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-2007, 04:30 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is online now
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 271
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

Is there anything stopping me from making a sidebet with imaginary me and then complaining and getting paid by you? Perhaps this question is answered on your site.. but just on my way to take a look
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
My Poker Affiliate Site - thoughts? pokerbribes New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 12 07-20-2006 09:35 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM
play poker with pro site idea Joe General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 07-18-2005 09:49 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0