Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-21-2007, 01:15 AM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
Default My site

Me and my friends are making a poker portal with a growing collection of unique quality content on it. Tell me what you think - http://www.aintluck.com

I was also wandering, does anyone know about how to go about putting affiliate links in news feeds? Thanks.

(even though we passed Bodog's stupid site analization and "how will you promote us?" I think we'll stop promoting Bodog because of their CPA thing where if a player doesn't make a deposit in the same month they sign up, you don't get paid) SAD, cuz i had some good designs goin for BODOG Poker Skins
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)

Last edited by addaminsane : 06-21-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 AM
mfosouto mfosouto is offline
Knocked Johnny Chan out
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 150
Default

I think the website is very nice! Congrats!

I would shorten the black line that crosses the "spade" logo, though.
__________________
- Partnership: Tutoring for newbies. PM for details.
- Translation work: PM me for quality translations to Portuguese
- Links: | English to Portuguese Translations |
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-21-2007, 03:07 AM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
Default

thanks holmes.
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-21-2007, 03:19 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

The site looks very nice and I might be alone here but I think instead of "poker skin" or " most downloaded skin" you should say "table skin" or most downloaded custom table skin"...I was under the impression that you mean "skins" as in poker room network skins. It wasnt til i clicked "face card poker skin " that i knew what exactly I was going to download.

I do love design though and the poker rooms on top of header look great as well.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-21-2007, 05:13 AM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
Default

Thanks alot, I'll take your advice into consideration. That was helpful info.
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-21-2007, 09:52 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 612
Default

Nice site and nice design. The only thing that I would say is that at least for me, the white bolded text on the "Poker Article Site Map" is a little rough on the eyes. I found myself veering away from that section. Maybe it's the white on dark gray background or something.

Other than that, nice work!

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-21-2007, 10:47 AM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 271
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfosouto View Post
I would shorten the black line that crosses the "spade" logo, though.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunPoker.com View Post
the white bolded text on the "Poker Article Site Map" is a little rough on the eyes. I found myself veering away from that section.
Also agreed. It's a very nice site, but the dark contrast then the bold white make it hard on the eyes.

Also(using Firefox 1600x1200), the g_banner.jpg I think extends too far to the left.



Nothing else is over to the left - you've got a bit of a block of space from the left side of the browser window until you get to the "Most downloaded skins" nav bar etc, but then that header image that starts with no space. I'd adjust that so it's in contrast with the rest of the site.

Also - just a silly thing but - when I read the words "Site Map" I automatically assume it's a map of the whole site. Although "Poker Articles" prefaces it, in my head I still just think "Site Map". I'd change the "Site Map" text to something else.

Is the "Forum Down" block going to be used for site news? If so, a date added in there would be nice too.

A newsletter that e-mails readers when a new skin/new content is added would be good idea too. This is a common site for one to find on travels but add to bookmarks and forget about. Keep 'em reminded!
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-21-2007, 04:30 PM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
Default

Sunpoker and Dealer Dan,

Thanks alot for the advice, I will take heed. there will be alot of new content on there soon and we'll switch some things up. " and dealer dan, the block space is part of my design, i guess i thought it looked cool...
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)

Last edited by addaminsane : 06-22-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-22-2007, 05:26 AM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 139
Default Nice site

Nice site layout but loading time was very slow!
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-22-2007, 07:51 AM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 176
Default

hmmm, it loads really fast where im at. I'll look into that, thanks.
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Rakeback site possibly for sale, lets talk RBseller The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 10-17-2006 10:34 AM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM
Google SiteMaps Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 6 07-13-2005 02:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0