Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-03-2007, 11:58 PM
RakeReport's Avatar
RakeReport RakeReport is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 45
Default Looking For Site Reviews Of Unbiased RakeBack Directory: RakeReport.net

Hello,

Figured I'd throw my hat, or site, into the ring here. Please take a look and let me know what you think.

The site was originally done by a professional web designer prior to my acquiring it. My knowledge of html, php and SEO was pretty limited when I took over, but I've been doing what I can to learn and improve.

Open to all suggestions, constructive criticism, etc. Thanks!

Anthony
President
www.RakeReport.net
__________________
www.RakeReport.net Unbiased Poker Rakeback Directory


Receive 100,000-200,000 impressions for your advertisement for as little as $150/month!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-04-2007, 12:01 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

It won't let me open it. I get a pop up saying IE can not open and operation aborted.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-04-2007, 12:18 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 818
Default

It looks nice but I think it needs to be spiced up a bit, maybe mess with the background color or something
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-04-2007, 12:28 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

I think the chip hanging off to the side needs to be moved back in. I know it's nice and all but it is making your page seem off center to me. I would also try and fill some of the space you have in the two columns. Once you get half way through the page feels some what empty.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-04-2007, 08:01 AM
RakeReport's Avatar
RakeReport RakeReport is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus View Post
It won't let me open it. I get a pop up saying IE can not open and operation aborted.

My web host mentioned something about the index.php file having code that isn't supported by IE or something. They couldn't tell me what code was specifically causing the problem though. Said something about having people turn off add-ons in IE.

No problems reported with FireFox. It's weird though because I got an error message the other day, but aside from that it usually runs great for me on IE7.

If anyone has any idea what code might be causing the problem with IE I'd be happy to provide them with a complimentary listing on the site.
__________________
www.RakeReport.net Unbiased Poker Rakeback Directory


Receive 100,000-200,000 impressions for your advertisement for as little as $150/month!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-04-2007, 08:03 AM
RakeReport's Avatar
RakeReport RakeReport is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPokerGirl View Post
It looks nice but I think it needs to be spiced up a bit, maybe mess with the background color or something
I did want to work on a redesign of the colors used, and the logo with the chip hanging off the side as well. I've just been busy working on adding new content, getting links to my site placed and so forth.

Thanks for the suggestions!
__________________
www.RakeReport.net Unbiased Poker Rakeback Directory


Receive 100,000-200,000 impressions for your advertisement for as little as $150/month!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-04-2007, 08:47 AM
PFO PFO is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 121
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus View Post
It won't let me open it. I get a pop up saying IE can not open and operation aborted.
Same error here. Might want to fix that !!!!!
__________________
Find information on Carbon Poker Freerolls and BoDog Freerolls at the highest ranking freeroll site.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-04-2007, 09:00 AM
kaus kaus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,457
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Post your question about the code in the right forum and I am sure one of the tech savy people here may have a solution.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-04-2007, 09:04 AM
RakeReport's Avatar
RakeReport RakeReport is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 45
Default

Thanks for the headsup everyone, I've created a post in the appropriate forum.
__________________
www.RakeReport.net Unbiased Poker Rakeback Directory


Receive 100,000-200,000 impressions for your advertisement for as little as $150/month!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 AM
RakeReport's Avatar
RakeReport RakeReport is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 45
Default

I figured out the problem awhile back, had a banner rotation script that was causing the problem. Should be solved now.

Also did a little redesign on the logo, added some cards to it. All constructive critcism welcome!
__________________
www.RakeReport.net Unbiased Poker Rakeback Directory


Receive 100,000-200,000 impressions for your advertisement for as little as $150/month!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poker rakeback directory for sale-Very little work - $900+/mo - Fully custom CMS John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 10 12-03-2006 08:10 AM
Rakeback CAP at Prima/Microgaming - Royal Card Club royalprofitsmad RoyalCardRoom.com & RoyalCardClub.com 0 11-24-2006 09:27 PM
Selling Ad Space - Rakeback Directory Olback The Poker Affiliate Exchange 14 11-22-2006 08:21 PM
Need a bit of feedback and advise - Rakeback affiliate directory John D New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 09-19-2006 10:16 AM
Rakeback discussion in Amsterdam Beanie General Poker Affiliate Discussion 22 04-20-2006 09:06 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0