Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2007, 03:57 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 531
Default Is this worth the time?

I'm wondering if you guys and gals think it is worth the time to add content covering past events?

For example, I'm adding content regarding the European Poker tour to one of my sites. Do you think it is worth it to add past season results to my site or should I just start with the current events and go forward?

I was starting to do this just to add content to my site, but now I'm wondering if it is worth the time since how many people are going to be searching for an event winner from 2005?

Thoughts?

SmackDog
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 887
Default

I am sure there are lots of people that search for past event winners. The only thing is, how well do you think you could rank for these terms. If you think you can beat the competition I would go for it, if not, then its probably not worth the time.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2007, 09:30 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,324
Default

I think it depends on how much content you add and how much work it is to create it?

I have some pages that are old world series of poker stuff...that still get a lot of hits each year.

Doesn't hurt me...so I keep it up.

It is amazing what people will search for - so any additional content helps.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-23-2007, 03:01 AM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 531
Default

I can add these pages in an afternoon if I sit and do it, so it is not that much work I guess.

I just wanted to get some more thoughts on it before I devoted a day to adding old content instead of focussing on new content.

SmackDog
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 607
Default

I would say put your energy into the new content and if you have time and more energy, write about the past events. Like others said, it can't hurt to have more content for people to find one day.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Average time from free signup to first deposit? pokertipsfromthepros General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 02-14-2007 04:30 PM
How do you spend your time? RCNastermind New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 12-21-2006 07:37 AM
Is It Going To Be Worth It Anymore? freydaddy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-03-2006 12:04 PM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 10:03 PM
Did you send me this? Joe General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 04-28-2005 06:17 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0