Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,041
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default Moderating all first posts, VB question

Any of you VB experts know a quick way to make it so any new sign-ups have to have their "first posts" moderated before being posted.

There must be some new VB spam bots out there....... All VB forums including this one are getting lots of spammers lately.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

Jeremy install a mod called Nospam! found on vbulletin.org. It's a captcha system that asks a simple question of choice before signup. Rids of the majority of spammers.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,041
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Installed, thanks Nick. This is a must have mod for anyone using Vbulletin.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,099
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

J, says I don't have the priviledges for the spam icon. Does it matter since I can just delete the account and the post myself?
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,041
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Yea I got the same problem. Dont worry about that icon, it was spamkill2000 and isn't working properly. Just delete as you always have.

This new VB plugin will take care of 95% of the spam that has been posted by the bots as of lately.

Thanks again Nick, I owe you a beer or a hooker in Amsterdam.....your choice.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 529
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

spamkill 3000* ^

You probably won't need it now that you've got the nospam thing, but it's handy to have if you have someone who mass posts in tons of threads. I doubt that'll happen much more though.

And pffft, I don't need hookers with my good looks
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-02-2007, 04:19 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,574
Default

heh, Nick makes the correction

Spamkill 3k actually works perfectly for me, but bundled with the software Nick suggested, we shouldn't have any more problems.
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-08-2007, 05:40 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,574
Default

I installed that "NoSpam!" hack and it doesn't seem to be working well enough to keep spammers the hell out of my forums. I combined it with SpamKill 3000 and even if I ban the spammers, they keep making new accounts.

Any advice to get rid of them? (http://www.imaconlinepoker.com/forums/)
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paying for posts $0.18 on poker forums and gambling affiliate/webmaster forums John D The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 01-30-2007 11:34 AM
Legallity Question aussiepoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 01-14-2007 05:39 PM
Another beginner question kaus New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 3 11-09-2006 05:27 AM
Need quality forum posts, will trade links or content chrisptp The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 08-07-2006 12:33 PM
Hello // Full Tilt Conversion Question PKing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 05-23-2005 04:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0