Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2007, 05:43 PM
boarderman23 boarderman23 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 169
Send a message via AIM to boarderman23
Default A little bad news...and is this legal?

I just got word from one of my affiliate managers (from PKR) that they are no longer able to send US checks due to the recent US laws. This was their only other payment method besides neteller, which was out of the question. I will be talking with her later, so hopefully there will be some other way to continue getting affiliate money.

The legal question I have is this: Can I legally get a PO Box from another country (Canada), as well as get a bank account from there, and have the money sent to there, while still being a US citizen? I would just have the money sent to me or just pick it up once in a while (I'm within a couple hours of Canada). If this is not legal, what would you suggest or what do you do? I am afraid that more poker rooms may start to encounter this problem and I would like an alternative.

PS - I've read the other topics similar to this and couldn't find an answer.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
boarderman23 boarderman23 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 169
Send a message via AIM to boarderman23
Default

No one has any input at all??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-05-2007, 10:32 AM
joeker joeker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 110
Default

Yes and yes....you have to travel to Canada to open the account.

There are plenty of companies in Canada that provide addresses and mail forwarding services.

Get the address first, then the account.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Neteller News! Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 18 03-23-2007 12:13 PM
Time to start posting all GOOD NEWS we find! corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 01-25-2007 09:34 PM
Articles and News Wanted Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 12-12-2006 10:57 PM
Google News? Bryan Search Engine Optimization 3 06-20-2006 11:46 AM
Dynamic free rss poker news content ajpoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 03-14-2005 05:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0